• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring - PS1 Trailer Demake

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I'm making an Elden Ring demake for the Game Boy! It will work on real hardware! I'm using GB Studio 3.0, a really impressive and brand new piece of software to develop this game. I haven't decided on the scope yet, but I am at least hoping to finish Limgrave area by the end of May.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's 1995 and Elden Ring just came out on Super Nintendo!

This is the SEVENTH in a series of short demakes we're creating!
Here we're taking you back in time with "Elden Ring for Super Nintendo".
We did our best to capture the style and spirit of the best SNES RPGs of the platform, like Secret of Mana, Terranigma and Final Fantasy 6
Would you play this?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
TBH i'd be more interested in a PS2 style Demake. I'm tired of the PS1 aesthetics at this point
PS2 is the perfect middleground between "visually appealing 20 years later" and " nostalgic enough to strike a chord with people who played games during that time"
Also- those environments look like something you'd find in a PS2 game frankly

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

https://shin.itch.io/elden-ring-gb What if Elden Ring released in 1993? Elden Ring GB is a demake of Elden Ring that runs on real retro hardware including all Game Boy consoles, as well as in emulators. You can also play it in your browser, though the other methods are recommended to allow for saving, better colours and higher accuracy. Explore all of the Precipice of Anticipation, Northern Limgrave and Stormveil Castle in this bite-sized demake experience made in GB Studio.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't see the point if it doesn't run on the OG hardware.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Run on original hardware? It's just a fun video what if folks, not an actual game (though the Bloodborne demake is also cool and an actual game).

This one is clearly inspired by Vampire Hunter D. It'd probably resemble King's Field more and have a more cohesive look, less gamey visuals and sounds, like Vagrant Story or Soul Reaver. Even if most games weren't as accomplished it's an Elden Ring characteristic that should carry over anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom