• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING | Reviews Mega Thread

Arioco

I'd like to try Elden Ring and give it a chance, but the truth is I'm yet to play a From game that I like. Last one I tried was Sekiro (whose art style I find stunning, unlike the Souls) and I couldn't play for more than a couple of hours. I wonder if Elden Ring could make me change my mind about From. Or maybe their games are not for me, period.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
B…b..but I thought the graphics supposed to make it unplayable!?
giphy.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Does anyone know any Greenmangaming coupons I can use? It's only $50 there but im cheap and want another discount lol

Arioco

So, any word on which console version is better? I have a PS5 and XSX so not sure which to get it on. I think I have more HD space on the PS5 though.

If I recall correctly the demo ran a bit better on PS5 but by launch I don't expect them to be very different. In fact it's very likely we need DF or NXGamer to tell them apart, so I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

DavidGzz

I was trying to tell old boy that all the games he mentioned were for the bargain bin, there is only time for Elden Ring this month and probably months to come.

wvnative

I wish I could join everyone else in the hype but I just cannot get into these games and making it open world hasn't gotten me anymore eager to try again.

But I can be happy for the rest of the gaming community, looks like ya'll in for a treat.

dorkimoe

Uh Oh Run GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Look at them review scores. I have never fancied playing a souls like game because the over the top difficulty always put me off. I want to enjoy my time playing not be frustrated. I might get this once it goes on sale
Same. I hope it has an actual tutorial. I tried to play the souls game on ps5 and got into some realm and had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. No tutorial at all

Midn1ght

I'd like to try Elden Ring and give it a chance, but the truth is I'm yet to play a From game that I like. Last one I tried was Sekiro (whose art style I find stunning, unlike the Souls) and I couldn't play for more than a couple of hours. I wonder if Elden Ring could make me change my mind about From. Or maybe their games are not for me, period.
Same boat, didn't like Demon's Souls and never really enjoyed that type of game but this one seems different, open world and if reviews are to believe, easier to get into.

I'm usually good at not falling for hype but these scores and the gorgeous art style are tempting for sure.

Top Bottom