• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING | Reviews Mega Thread

B…b..but I thought the graphics supposed to make it unplayable!?
giphy.gif
No one ever said that.

The graphics aren't on par with something like Horizon, or Forza Horizon 5, but I haven't heard anyone saying they were a deal breaker

Last edited:

Fbh

Man I don't know what to do....I want this soooooooo badly I've only got a Ps4 Pro.

Do i wait possibly months until I can't get a Ps5 that isn't $1000.....or do I get it on pro.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
According to this video:

performance mode is really bad on series x, it goes from 43-48 fps on average while on ps5 it goes from 55-60.
I hope day one patch fixes this issue, cause I only have xbox.

I dunno, one guy didn't even know you could get a torch in the Xbox version... I'll wait for another 'tuber to come out with this before I start worrying about performance.

kikkis

Bit worried about the fact that skill up said he could pretty much one shot even bosses by taking time to explore and level up in the process.

I feel like I'm in the Matrix, and the only person that's actually unplugged, but this game quite literally looks nowhere as good as what these scores suggest. I've watched hours and hours of footage trying to see what the fuss is all about, and I'm just not seeing it.

From the moment this game was shown everything about it seemed heavily manufactured even though I found the art style and visual direction to be great.

But yea, I'm not buying in at all. I await to see if someone can show me what makes this game so special because usually I'm quite good at feeling out games, and so far those instincts have come back with nothing.

Kuranghi

Imagine you were stuck on a desert island and all you had to play were the Top 2 rated games of all time according to opencritic, just no inbetween of pure joy and pure despair.

You end up becoming a sort of desert island Harvey Dent and you make one half of the island all colourful and joyous with bright garlands made out of dried plants and the other one you've strung up pierced animal carcasses and you've attached sharpened flint "blades" to the legs of the biggest bird on the island which attacks you furiously whenever it sees you, exhausted and disgruntled from flying around with its dropping blade legs all day.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
lmao
Its quotes like this that just rub me the wrong way.

Not: "Unfathomably large and fathoms deep. . ." Like I'm sure this game deserves the praise and more but boy oh boy these superlatives are something off from some of these "high falutin" reviewers.

Juza

97?

To be honest I expected it to be 90 at most! but damn.. obviously, the game will be one of the highest rated in history! Congrats to FromSoftware.

The pre-load is about to complete. So excited!

VFXVeteran

Banned
Bit worried about the fact that skill up said he could pretty much one shot even bosses by taking time to explore and level up in the process.
Why not? The game has always been a grind fest. I know how tough those damn bosses are. I will definitely grind the game so I can get to beat them.

I bought botw because reviewers said it was one of the best games ever, but I found the game boring and repetitive, let's see if this happens with this one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I feel like I'm in the Matrix, and the only person that's actually unplugged, but this game quite literally looks nowhere as good as what these scores suggest. I've watched hours and hours of footage trying to see what the fuss is all about, and I'm just not seeing it.

From the moment this game was shown everything about it seemed heavily manufactured even though I found the art style and visual direction to be great.

But yea, I'm not buying in at all. I await to see if someone can show me what makes this game so special because usually I'm quite good at feeling out games, and so far those instincts have come back with nothing.
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Top Bottom