• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree has been in development since April 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree has been in development since April 2022, just two months after the base game was released.​

At the end of February, publisher Bandai Namco and developer FromSoftware announced Shadow of the Erdtree , a major content expansion coming in the future for all platforms where this open-world title is available . Although those responsible have not shared many details about the DLC, We discovered that this downloadable content has been in development since the beginning of 2022; To give you an idea, the base game was released on February 25.

Screenshot_20230427_1741562.jpg

The game’s lead designer, Kenneth Chan, has recently updated his LinkedIn profile . Among other things, he has confirmed that he is the lead designer for the expansion and that it has been in development since April 2022 , just two months after the base game was released. Since FromSoftware didn’t show anything more than some artwork when the expansion was announced, many were convinced that development wasn’t that far along, but it definitely seems like this wasn’t the case.

WitchHunter

Let's hope there will be challenges where you won't feel yourself like Zodd the Immortal and abandon the game, because you literally walk through anyone and everyone.

Paltheos

There is a part of me that expects this to be as awful as Ringed City. I am hoping that part of me is wrong.

??

Ringed City is some of From's best DLC. Good boss fights, fantastic and varied locations, fun new mobs. I can see the angels in the first section turning some people off and the PvP fight near the end bothering others, but on the whole it's a quality package. What don't you like about it?

??

Ringed City is some of From's best DLC. Good boss fights, fantastic and varied locations, fun new mobs. I can see the angels in the first section turning some people off and the PvP fight near the end bothering others, but on the whole it's a quality package. What don't you like about it?
Awful location with incoherent garbage shrewn all around, big drops for area transitions, bait and switch NPC, dumb covenant with items useless offline, boring gear, damage sponge enemies, the damned ghost archers, and Midir. It also sucks that you need to be nearly done with the game to access it. Not ever doing that crap again. If Erdtree DLC pulls this crap I am skipping it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It also sucks that you need to be nearly done with the game to access it. Not ever doing that crap again. If Erdtree DLC pulls this crap I am skipping it.
Elden Ring is open world so I’m guessing you just have to go to specific part of the map to access it.

gow3isben

My guess is an open Zone as big as Liurnia with a ton of hidden nooks and also 2 Legacy dungeons.

So like 30 hours worth of content.

Last edited:
Please be soon. Release date reveal at TGA. Wonder which game gets the biggest hype moment between Death Stranding 2, Gta 6 and ER.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Please be soon. Release date reveal at TGA. Wonder which game gets the biggest hype moment between Death Stranding 2, Gta 6 and ER.
Just not February….please GOD not February. There is already too many games coming out in that month.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Awful location with incoherent garbage shrewn all around, big drops for area transitions, bait and switch NPC, dumb covenant with items useless offline, boring gear, damage sponge enemies, the damned ghost archers, and Midir. It also sucks that you need to be nearly done with the game to access it. Not ever doing that crap again. If Erdtree DLC pulls this crap I am skipping it.
I like the Ringed City quite a bit overall but there is a ton of bullshit in that DLC for sure. The angels just made it even more annoying. This is what irks me with From sometimes. They often add stuff just to aggravate the player.

Top Bottom