• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Strategy Guide available to preorder

TexMex

If its the same publisher that did bloodborne, old hunter dlc and sekiro, will preorder today. Those books are masterpieces of art.

Agree. Their books are second to none (except the Sekiro one which is unfinished in the way that the FF9 one was).

But as a publisher, they’re the worst project managers ever. If you miss every single release date you set since 2015, you have a real managerial problem.

I wish I could enjoy their work anywhere near a game launch like in the past. They’ll always be great companion pieces but o hate that they come 6-12 months after I’ve long since finished the game.

tassletine

So much hard work has gone into the guide, however I think they've bitten off a little more than they can chew here.
For reference I have all their previous guides.

I've only had a brief flick through, but I've already come across two errors sending you to reference other pages where information doesn't seem to exist, so I assume there are many more.

It's also kind of annoying that they don't clearly state what ISN'T in the guide, they mainly just state that this is book is about The Lands Between -- But that's pretty vague.
What they mean is, this doesn't have enemies, weapons etc. But, you don't get told this upfront, more as you explore the book and find out what's missing.
For instance, Talismans are in the second book, and even though they might be on the maps in this volume, they're not in the index so it's useless trying to use this volume to find them.

There are also odd choices, like there is a minor chapter on builds -- but they say that they're going to expand on this in the second book -- So it's essentially split.

I can't really blame them though as a work like this seems kind of doomed, much like Elden Ring didn't get properly balanced until months after it's release, this seems to have suffered a similar fate.
It's presented excellently but the sheer amount of information has made things a bit murky. Much like the game it's self.

It's very interesting read, page by page and is impeccably presented, but you'll spend a lot of time scratching your head. Probably too much.

TexMex

So much hard work has gone into the guide, however I think they've bitten off a little more than they can chew here.
For reference I have all their previous guides.

I've only had a brief flick through, but I've already come across two errors sending you to reference other pages where information doesn't seem to exist, so I assume there are many more.

It's also kind of annoying that they don't clearly state what ISN'T in the guide, they mainly just state that this is book is about The Lands Between -- But that's pretty vague.
What they mean is, this doesn't have enemies, weapons etc. But, you don't get told this upfront, more as you explore the book and find out what's missing.
For instance, Talismans are in the second book, and even though they might be on the maps in this volume, they're not in the index so it's useless trying to use this volume to find them.

There are also odd choices, like there is a minor chapter on builds -- but they say that they're going to expand on this in the second book -- So it's essentially split.

I can't really blame them though as a work like this seems kind of doomed, much like Elden Ring didn't get properly balanced until months after it's release, this seems to have suffered a similar fate.
It's presented excellently but the sheer amount of information has made things a bit murky. Much like the game it's self.

It's very interesting read, page by page and is impeccably presented, but you'll spend a lot of time scratching your head. Probably too much.

That’s what I was afraid of. I’d be in if they just made about about Elden Ring. The making of, the story, the lore, etc. Dont really need it as a reference guide, especially a year after the game is out. And certainly don’t want to be told to reference book two for info in book one and Vice versa.

TexMex

4dMpvZm.jpg

Volume 1 showed up today

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Delayed bump…Amazon has upgraded the guide to be available the 30th of June 2023. Future Press website is also showing May/June 2023. Preorders are $37.60 atm with 25% off fyi

Top Bottom