• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring survey results (from Famitsu) show players’ fave weapons, bosses, and more

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.frontlinejp.net/2022/05/14/elden-ring-player-survey-results/
....more at link

Playtime and levels

The playtime clocked by surveyees are as follows:
  • Under 10 hours: 7
  • Between 10-60 hours: 131
  • Between 60-100 hours: 283
  • Between 100-150 hours: 499
  • Between 150-200 hours: 354
  • Between 200-300 hours: 301
  • Over 300 hours: 112

What do players like about Elden Ring?

Surveyees were asked about what they like about the game, and could choose multiple options.
  1. The story/world: 1410
  2. The field: 1391
  3. Exploration: 1225
  4. Boss combat: 1189
  5. Weapons and armor: 1091
  6. Characters (including NPCs): 995
  7. Dungeon crawling: 992
  8. The size of the map: 956
  9. The graphics: 912
  10. The ashes of war and weapon arts: 884
  11. The music: 841
  12. The spirit ashes: 797
  13. The combat balance: 786
  14. Sorceries and incantations: 763
  15. Character design: 740
  16. The horse: 711
  17. The leveling system: 682
  18. The controls: 560
  19. Multiplayer: 469
  20. The equipment upgrade system: 458
  21. Item crafting: 150

First class chosen

Surveyees were asked what class they chose the first time they played the game.
  1. Vagabond: 427
  2. Samurai: 424
  3. Prisoner: 153
  4. Confessor: 127
  5. Astrologer: 126
  6. Wretch: 108
  7. Hero: 101
  8. Warrior: 92
  9. Bandit: 75
  10. Prophet: 53

Most prioritized stats

Surveyees were asked what stats they prioritized in their builds, and could choose multiple options.
  1. Vigor: 1243
  2. Endurance: 710
  3. Dexterity: 678
  4. Strength: 620
  5. Intelligence: 440
  6. Mind: 334
  7. Arcane: 276
  8. Faith: 220

NPCs that left the strongest impressions

Surveyees were asked which NPCs left the strongest impressions on them, and could choose up to five. Only the top fifteen are listed.
  1. Ranni the Witch: 918
  2. Iron Fist Alexander: 579
  3. Blaidd: 335
  4. Millicent: 266
  5. Melina: 260
  6. Patches: 242
  7. Sorceress Sellen: 204
  8. Rya: 164
  9. Blackguard Big Boggart: 95
  10. Smithing Master Hewg: 94
  11. Hyetta: 86
  12. White Mask Varre: 82
  13. War Counselor Iji: 78
  14. Diallos: 59
  15. Enia: 53

Enemies that left the strongest impressions

Surveyees were asked which enemies left the strongest impressions on them, and could choose up to five. Only the top fifteen are listed.
  1. Starscourge Radahn: 687
  2. Malenia, Blade of Miquella: 658
  3. Margit, the Full Omen: 443
  4. Tree Sentinel: 216
  5. Maliketh, the Black Blade: 206
  6. Elden Beast: 188
  7. Godrick the Grafted: 176
  8. Crucible Knight: 158
  9. Radagon of the Golden Order: 149
  10. Hoarah Loux, Warrior: 137
  11. Mohg, Lord of Blood: 110
  12. Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon: 101
  13. Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy: 68
  14. Godfrey, First Elden Lord: 66
  15. Fire Giant: 57

Areas that left the strongest impressions

Surveyees were asked which areas left the strongest impressions on them, and could choose up to five. Only the top fifteen are listed.
  1. Caelid: 456
  2. Limgrave: 409
  3. Leyndell, Royal Capital: 375
  4. Nokron, Eternal City: 200
  5. Stormveil Castle: 172
  6. Altus Plateau: 153
  7. Lake of Rot: 139
  8. Academy of Raya Lucaria: 106
  9. Mohgwyn Palace: 76
  10. Subterranean Shunning-Grounds: 73
  11. Liurnia of the Lakes: 72
  12. Miquella’s Haligtree: 70
  13. Siofra River: 67
  14. Volcano Manor: 58
  15. Mountaintops of the Giants: 52

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
samurai GIF

Samurai baby. Rivers of blood!

Saber

Gold Member
1 - Prisoner on the top list makes me happy.
2- Ranni the witch? Bunch of simps.
3 - Surprised to see Vigor as the top stat.
4 - The "What do you like" seems reasonable ok. Everything important on the top.
5 - Starcourge is the best boss around. It really gives an impression of a master of combat boss(like, general + melee + magic). It doesn't need stupid healing mechanic like Malenia.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Vigor makes sense, literally the king of stats that basically every build wants.

Faith at bottom makes me sad though…

ParaSeoul

I don't get the love for Ranni at all. Diallos might have been higher if his quest actually worked. I was interested in Millicents questline but I killed the godskin apostile in the altus plateau without her and apparently that just locks you out of it. 10/10 game design.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
My Confessor weeps, ye of little Faith...

Agree with about half (Caelid, Malenia, Alexander, Ranni) disagree with about half (Rykard is top 5 as is Volcano Manor, Siofra should be way up there, Tree Sentinel? Really?), fun to read through anyway.

Daymos

Tarnished wretch, roleplaying myself here. Had to pick arcane as my stat since I'm not patient enough to figure out the particulars of int or faith.. and str seemed boring, or dex by itself seems crappy.

Elenoras poleblade, grave scythe, and bloody helice for weapons so far.

Last edited:
I don't get the love for Ranni at all. Diallos might have been higher if his quest actually worked. I was interested in Millicents questline but I killed the godskin apostile in the altus plateau without her and apparently that just locks you out of it. 10/10 game design.

No it doesn't, just give her the prosthetic at erdtree-gazing hill and she'll move to the apostle's arena. You can progress the quest normally

sircaw

Banned
For the people that played this game, are poison bow builds viable as in is it possible to beat the game with one?

V4skunk

Banned
Eh I killed that god skin before I even found Millicent and give her, her arm. She goes to the windmill village.

YukiOnna

Samurai mains, Ranni and Blaidd lovers. Japan always gets it.

• Demon’s Souls: 699
  • DARK SOULS: 740
  • DARK SOUKS II: 768
  • DARK SOULS III: 1035
  • Bloodborne: 1023
  • SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE: 790
  • DARK SOULS REMASTERED: 263
Good taste.

nkarafo

"Story/world" ??

Aren't these two different things? My favorite thing was the "world" (which i assume is the way it's build, the design, the atmosphere and setting) but i did not care about the story, as i don't care about it in any game.

I bet if the "story" was it's own bracket, it wouldn't be nearly as high. Not because it's bad (i have no idea as i didn't follow it) but because i believe people who play the souls games have other priorities such as design and gameplay.

I feel they wanted to promote the idea fans care about the story... That's why they paired it with the bracket that was most likely to win instead of something that fits better, like the "characters (NPCs)" bracket?

Also, what's "the Field"?

Last edited:

Rodolink

everybody raising vigor to soft caps shows a bit of a design issue imo. Battles normally feel like chipping out damage for hours unless you find the "trick" Previous games felt more balanced here. Like you don't have to farm 100 hrs just to be able to "comfortably" enjoy the game. But yeah kindda understand why they did it, to support the idea of huge and epic world and make players explore and kill....
That's the only downside for me though like the degrading weapons in BoTW. game's still a masterpiece I ended up loving.

Juza

For the people that played this game, are poison bow builds viable as in is it possible to beat the game with one?
No, there are many enemies\bosses immune to poison, but there are a variety of effects that are even better than poison, like scarlet rot! stronger than poison, there are also arrows that have the effects of blood loss, frost etc.

sircaw

Banned
No, there are many enemies\bosses immune to poison, but there are a variety of effects that are even better than poison, like scarlet rot! stronger than poison, there are also arrows that have the effects of blood loss, frost etc.
oo nice, i will look up scarlet rot, thank you 👍

Top Bottom