• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring vs The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild- Which one do you prefer and why?

Which one is better: Elden Ring or Zelda BOTW?

• Elden Ring

• Zelda BOTW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wish it was BotW because I prefer the atmosphere it's going for, but it's Elden Ring.

Finding real rewards that don't break and crazy dungeons >>> kokorok seeds and minigame shrines

ER's world isn't interactable. Characters don't even acknowledge each other. There are no living towns. BotW is just the better game.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Breath of the Wild is a great game, but the fun comes from the gameplay itself. It's a giant sandbox full of systems that integrate well together in a way that hasn't been done in any other open-world game.
But it's also a game that doesn't reward you in any way that changes the gameplay meaningfully. It's the same from beginning to end. The combat is the same, the weapons break constantly, and there are just a few enemy types.

Elden Ring doesn't have those well-integrated systems but is chock full of activities that reward your exploration and getting good. There is simply nothing like it out there.

It also puts what made Dark Souls great in an open world, without taking anything away from it. BotW is LoZ without dungeons and real progress. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fantastic game, but I consider Elden Ring the best game among the two.

Top Bottom