• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elders Scrolls VI exits pre-production and enters early development

Bethesda doesn't do cross gen generally. So expect next gen only.

Fallout 5 could be a 2036 game.

I would say it’s safe to say Fallout 5 or whatever that turns out to be is bare minimum 7-8 years away. That’s if somehow Elder Scrolls VI only takes 4 years from now. Which is possible 🤷‍♂️

MMaRsu

Banned
I would say it’s safe to say Fallout 5 or whatever that turns out to be is bare minimum 7-8 years away. That’s if somehow Elder Scrolls VI only takes 4 years from now. Which is possible 🤷‍♂️

Its possible, but very unlikely. However I think most of their tech is there right now and they can start working on the game.

It depends on how much they can get done, listening to Todd talking about TES6 on the Lex Fridman podcast says he is still waiting for the technology to catch up, to what he wants to make. But it might already be there. Very interesting interview too :)

Bethesda doesn't do cross gen generally. So expect next gen only.

Fallout 5 could be a 2036 game.

For sure. Bethesda prefers to launch their games mid-gen when the install base is there. Better ROI and a bigger audience.

I would love them to go back to the days of Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 4, 76, when they could pump out their games on a 3 year cycle, but I think those days are over. Prolly 4 years is pushing it.

Last edited:
Series S is going to gimp this game so much.

So Excited Flirting GIF
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

So ps6 cross gen release then?

7xhx87i1ffy.jpg

Series S is going to gimp this game so much.
I love that you think Series X|S will be the current Xbox consoles on the market when Elder Scrolls VI comes out. 4 years from now we’ll have new consoles, and I think 4 years of full production being enough to finish Elder Scrolls VI is… very optimistic.

Even if COVID never happened, I don’t think Starfield would’ve been out in 2021. Those days are over.

Last edited:
Fallout 5 in 2032 and and Starfield 2 in 2040.

ES VI- 2027
F5- 2031
Starfield 2- 2035

They keep saying their team is getting bigger and they can do more. Maybe they could push hard to stick closer to a 4 year dev cycle between big games. Maybe add in support studios from elsewhere to help with DLC so they can transition over to new projects easier in the future.

Will be the last elder scrolls title that is helmed by todd howard as well.
Nope. By then technology will be so advanced that human consciousness will be able to be stored and accessed through the cloud. Todd Howard will be lead director of Bethesda games for at least a couple more centuries.

Artificial Intelligence News GIF by PEEKASSO

Top Bottom