• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electric Razor recomend me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLB2

Banned
I hate shaving and am interested in an electric razor but have no experience with them. I'm sure some of you guys would like to share your wisdom on the topic with me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You want one with both types of holes, dots and slashes, like this...

shaver.jpg

They each to their own thing for the right effect, but if you can only get one type I think the dots are better. Also, my 60-some year old neighbor (kinda like a grandpa to me) who has used them his old life gave me this advice in avoiding shaver burn "Don't push too hard, just gently run it over your skin. Don't go for 100% of all the hair, sometimes you just need to go for 95% and let that be that".

I'm not loyal to a specific brand or anything, just don't be affraid to spend a decent amount of money on one cause the cheaper ones suck. Also remember to use the brush and cleaning oil on the blades, if you don't have time after you shave in the morning thats ok, just do it sometime before you shave again. I heard of some sort of self-cleaning shaver, you might want to look into that if you are lazy, but it's probably expensive.

If you want a close shave, don't waste your time with an electric razor. If however you're looking for that whole 24/7 stubble look, electric razors are good.

NLB2

Banned
I have really light colored hair and with a manual razor i can't get close enough that the hair isn't scratchy, so the stuble isn't an issue really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom