• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electronic Arts is ending support for Apex Legends Mobile and cancelling Battlefield Mobile

Draugoth

Gold Member
apex-legends-mobile-d-1-1024x576.jpg

Electronic Arts has announced that it’s ending support for Apex Legends Mobile and cancelling Battlefield Mobile before its official release.

VentureBeat reports that EA will also close Battlefield Mobile developer Industrial Toys, the studio headed by Bungie founder and former CEO Alex Seropian, which EA acquired in 2018.

Apex Legends Mobile launched in May 2022 and was named last year’s App Store and Google Play game of the year, while Battlefield Mobile was in soft launch.

At Respawn, we aim to provide players with games that are consistently,” the EA studio said in a blog post on Wednesday. “Following a strong start, the content pipeline for Apex Legends Mobile has begun to fall short of that bar for quality, quantity, and cadence.

“It is for this reason, after months of working with our development partner, that we have made the mutual decision to sunset our mobile game.

Although disappointing, we are proud of the game we launched, are grateful for the support of the Apex Legends community, and are confident that this is the right decision for players.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

MiguelItUp

Please just die and go away for good EA.
After Dead Space Remake, I'd rather them not. But they clearly need to reassess somethings and work a bit smarter. Them pulling the plug on Battlefield mobile is incredibly smart. Same with Apex mobile. Shame that it just chalks up as a waste of time, money, and assets. But better sooner than later.

KXVXII9X

First FF First Soldier and now this. This here folks is why I don't like live service. I played both and they were actually decent but there is always a gnawing feeling on how long the support will go for. These games are a gamble. Anything can change at any time. How these companies expect us to be all excited about these kinds of games is beyond me when they keep doing this crap.

I don't have much faith in Skate and Sims 5 since both will also be live service games also on mobile devices.

anthony2690

Banned
Please just die and go away for good EA.

I really like EA currently they are publishing great games, especially with their EA Originals. (Lost in random, sea of solitude, wild hearts, it takes two, a way out etc)

& I loved the mass effect remake trilogy and a lot of people here seem to have loved the dead space remake & the star wars games.

I'm personally rooting for ea to turn themselves around like capcom did :)

reksveks

Couple of things here:

- Apex Legends mobile didn't really keep their user base so it's been struggling for a while
- Wilson has alluded to it being brought inhouse in future. It currently was developed by a Tencent company so basically maybe copying the ABK strategy re CoD on Mobile.

EA ain't going to die at least not soon. There is some interesting stuff in the IR re the yoy decline however.

SCB3

I feel as if EA are probably scaling back a little, hopefully to refocus on Single Player or actually have tight decent MP games and not shitshows like BF2042, perhaps they're anticipating poor sales for the next FIFA (as its no longer called FIFA)

Top Bottom