• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ella Freya (RE4R Ashley Face Model) finally buys her game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to say that it a bit weird hearing her speak Japanese with all the mannerisms.
And I don't think they'd call her Japanese even if she was born there.
They don't seem to do that with white folks anywhere ironically.
They're just white
I used to follow her on IG. She's a Dutch model who does a lot, if not most of her work, in Japan. So she has basically been living in Japan for years. Spend that much time in Japan, you'll pick up the language and likely a lot of the mannerisms. She likely isn't that way IRL, at least not to that level, it's likely to keep her fan base happy... which likely eats that shit up lol

She's very cute and is pretty wholesome for the most part. She got some "thirst traps" here and there, but nowhere near as egregious as most out there.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
imagem_2022-09-14_150504985.png

200w.gif

Someone call Louis we found Ashley's Ballistics

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I was about to say that it a bit weird hearing her speak Japanese with all the mannerisms.
And I don't think they'd call her Japanese even if she was born there.
They don't seem to do that with white folks anywhere ironically.
They're just white
Well....that's a bit racist.

If she was born in Japan.....spoke Japanese....but is white.......she wouldn't be considered Japanese?

Imagine (for example) having a family from Mexico, or India, who moved to the US and became citizens....had a child....and cannot be called an American. Huh?

Kenpachii

In a video shared on social networks, Ella Freya, Ashley's facial model in Resident Evil 4, showed the moment where she buys her copy of the game. After almost a month of release, the title was finally acquired by the face model and made her quite emotional.

The vlog accompanies Freya on a day trip to Akihabara, Japan, where she lives. After failing to find the game at a nearby store, she goes to another game store and finds a shelf full of PS4 and PS5 units.

Ashley's face model also takes advantage of her day to show some Resident Evil 4 gameplay snippets, she also gets recognized by some people:

Sharp knees would not date.

Seems like a nice person tho.

UnNamed

Banned
I used to follow her on IG. She's a Dutch model who I does a lot, if not most of her work, in Japan. So she has basically been living in Japan for years. Spend that much time in Japan, you'll pick up the language and likely a lot of the mannerisms. She likely isn't that way IRL, at least not to that level, it's likely to keep her fan base happy... which likely eats that shit up lol

She's very cute and is pretty wholesome for the most part. She got some "thirst traps" here and there, but nowhere near as egregious as most out there.

I know many foreign models in Japan talking like this, and IMHO is stupid and nonsense. The moment in the video she said "Pureystation" to mimic the usual japanese phonetics mistake was very cringe.

Her only excuse could be is that is her business channel, so she is in her "character". Otherwise, please stop talking like this.

I know many foreign models in Japan talking like this, and IMHO is stupid and nonsense. The moment in the video she said "Pureystation" to mimic the usual japanese phonetics mistake was very cringe.

Her only excuse could be is that is her business channel, so she is in her "character". Otherwise, please stop talking like this.
I didn't even watch the vid, cause I know what it's going to be and didn't want to see it lol

It's pretty cringe, but I've gotten used to it and know to just not pay attention to it. It definitely seems to be a "character" but who knows really.

It's interesting that she pronounced "PlayStation" that way, cause every time I've had to use an English word in Japanese or Mandarin... I just say it in plain English, cause I can pronounce it in English.

Last edited:
I used to occasionally watch her play FFXIV on Twitch years ago. It wasn't until I was near the end of the game that I realized it was her lol

Edit: upon closer inspection it might not be the woman I'm thinking of. These white girls living in Japan are clones, wtf?

Edit2: Okay, the Twitch streamer/cosplayer I was thinking of is the BODY model for Ashley. Ella is the face model.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

If she was born in Japan.....spoke Japanese....but is white.......she wouldn't be considered Japanese?
No, she wouldn’t. She can even have nationality, won’t change a thing. Japanese think of “Japanese” in terms of ethnic group.
Gaijin will always be a gaijin.

Imagine (for example) having a family from Mexico, or India, who moved to the US and became citizens....had a child....and cannot be called an American. Huh?

She's not ethnically Japanese, apparently her ethnicity is Dutch.

I think it'd just be better off calling her a Japanese citizen in that case; most countries don't have the multi-ethnic history of America so it's not as easy calling people not of the ethnic majority of those countries as of that for their nationality, like it is to say basically anyone is an American regardless of skin color, if they're born here (or are a citizen).

It is what it is.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Well yeah, I could be wrong but I don't think any white person born in Asian countries are considered that nationality unlike when Asians are born in the US/EU/UK.
It's kinda a one way system.
But then again, whites don't bitch about representation in those countries either.
But like I said, I could be wrong because you don't hear much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom