• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elle Fanning: People Say Death Stranding 2 Is The Coolest Thing I've Ever Done

Draugoth

Gold Member

Death Stranding 2 remains a fairly unknown quantity. But, if the first game taught us anything, it's going to be super weird, a visual and stylistic tour de force, and chances are it will end up being pretty darn good, too.

In an interview with Josh Horowitz, Elle Fanning, who portrays a mysterious but clearly key character in the Death Stranding sequel, describes her experiences on the set of the game. The actress had some prior familiarity with motion capture but found performing for a video game a refreshing challenge (including when Kojima asked her to cry on cue).

Fanning freely admits she is not a gamer but is looking forward to playing the game once it's out (Kojima apparently even sent her a "PS3", but that may have been a slip of the tongue). She has also found the level of fervour and hype the game has engendered to be something new, too, with the sheer volume of comments and speculation surrounding the project surprising her.

near

Gold Member
Kojima sent her a PS3?

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

feynoob

Banned
I have a feeling this game is about to be Kojima's comeback. The 1st one was amazing but it didn't get the same Kojima level praise like he did in the past. This one is definitely getting 90+. I can feel it.
If they make it less amazon, maybe.

Kojima is too weird with his taste.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I have a feeling this game is about to be Kojima's comeback. The 1st one was amazing but it didn't get the same Kojima level praise like he did in the past. This one is definitely getting 90+. I can feel it.

Comeback?

Alesimage

Banned
The first game was okay. Completed it but much of it was a borefest. I'm just happy I didn't pay to play this game. Used gamepass.

ElCasual

Sorry to bump but I have a question. If the mocap and voice record is not finished, Norman, Ellie and Ledoux can work in DS2? Or the production of the game will be paused?

Last edited:
Top Bottom