• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer Group enters into an agreement to acquire Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix Montréal amongst other assets

Unfortunately for you the greater fool theory doesn't seem to be working for NFTs
That's what people said ten years ago about Bitcoin. Bitcoin not only survived but actually thrived despite objectively being a useless piece of shit.
All that's left are the bagholders. You're better off finding another ponzi scheme to make money on
Nobody cares about the current jpegs, I'm talking about NFTs as a technology.

Wildebeest

That's what people said ten years ago about Bitcoin. Bitcoin not only survived but actually thrived despite objectively being a useless piece of shit.
Yeah, people are absolute fiends for gambling of any type. Bring back the risk and reward with enough hype and the suckers will return to the game.

Nobody cares about the current jpegs, I'm talking about NFTs as a technology.

Bitcoin is at least fungible. NFTs are not. Bagholders are going to remain bagholders regardless of whether someone finally comes up with a real use case for them.

Good news for Deus Ex so. As Cyberpunk hype proved there is a big market for well, 'cyber punk' games. So Embracer now have the rights to Deus Ex which is a name in its own right. So they can develop a new game to try and capture that cyber punk market.

Probably doesn't look well for continuing on Adam Jensen's story tho. An aaa game isn't cheap. Do you make a Deus Ex '3' (with Jenson) or do you reboot the series to attract new comers. Doesn't well for Adam so as a reboot has more financial potential.

Last edited:
I don't think you can do Deus Ex justice without a triple A budget.
Absolutely. It's too big in scope. Anything less than big budget and it's a poor man's version.

I wouldn't be surprised, and I do hope, that we get newer titles of Deus Ex, Thief and Tomb Raider using something like the Unreal engine.

Not saying every game should be Unreal haha. But from a business aspect, the video games industry does seem to be making a shift to licensing an engine then developing off that to keep costs down.

Top Bottom