• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enlisted available on PS5, PC and Xbox Series X | S

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Enlisted will be part of Xbox Series X|S launch line-up as a Game Preview title and a timed console exclusive. A ‘Founder’s pack’ purchase will be required to get access to the game.

Enlisted utilizes the new version of Dagor engine – the one that the military online simulation game War Thunder and brutal online shooter Cuisine Royale use. A Proprietary Ray Traced Global Illumination system makes sure that the in-game lighting is natural in appearance, reacts to game events like explosions and object destruction and will work better on the Xbox Series X|S thanks to ray tracing hardware support on the platform. The Xbox Series X version will work at 4K resolution, Xbox Series S works at 1440p, while in both cases, a stable 60 frames per second are achieved.

Xbox Series X|S Game Preview players will be the first to try the Enlisted beta version that follows a couple of time-limited playtests and closed alpha testing. Player feedback in this game that is still in development will be used to improve the quality even further and during the development of the new campaigns and other content

Thanks mods for the title change

Premier League Football GIF by Manchester City

Last edited:

Connxtion

Oh been waiting on a red orchestra type game on consoles. (that ww1 game was crap, bought it and played one game and couldn’t find another 😂 waste of money)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's obviously stylized. I think it looks nice, especially the lighting.

shot_3828x2262_2019_05_01_23_15_39(1).jpg
It is stylised and looks great.

The thing about console generations is defined and fixed specs but also jumps in performance. This for me means that developers that were able to create good gameplay but technically would be stuck well below Xbox One/PS4 expected visuals are now able to make decent looking games (and let’s not kid about: IQ, lighting, and assets wise they would be a step above Xbox One/PS4... just not as much as AAAA XSX and PS5 games).

Welcome more AA games :), that is the promise I hope each and every new generation brings.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont get this game.

On the MS Canada store, you can individually buy one of (I think) 4 packs at $40 each, or buy the deluxe bundle with all 4 packs for $120.

So if someone buys one of the packs for $40 all you get is one map?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Deleted after a few games in the beta test. Graphics and scope are good enough for what it is, but the UI has incredibly small fonts you can barely make out and I'm playing on a 65" screen, TTK is way too low and as someone said in the other Enlisted thread there is laggy feel to aiming which I agree. COD is swift and precise.

EDMIX

It's complete shit. I uninstalled it in an hour. It is an ugly, barebones f2p game that looks like it came from 2009. Battlefield V still exists, just play that for your WW2 fix.
Pretty much.

This shit legit looks like best looking game of 2007. lol

EDMIX

Battlefield its very good game, and a good ww2 game too

Agreed.

I don't trust many developers with theses type of MP titles. They are not easy to make and its not some cake walk, as to why all theses indie shit looking FPS titles bomb and move shit units and have so much issues and problems. Clearly putting out such a concept is not as easy as it looks. There is a real reason why only a few are masters in that area.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

MMO squad-based shooter Enlisted (available on PlayStation®5) just got "At the Reichstag walls" Update. Players can try out new Battle of Berlin campaign for free, and unlock progression by purchasing Enlisted - Battle of Berlin bundle in the PlayStation®Store.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn more about Enlisted in this gameplay presentation. In Enlisted you lead your squad of soldiers in large-scale combat, with infantry, armored vehicles and aircraft fighting together on the most famous battlefields of World War II. Enlisted is free to play on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S now.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Massively multiplayer online squad-based shooter Enlisted, previously available on PlayStation 5, now got PlayStation 4 release! All players may enjoy brand new Battle of Tunisia campaign for free, dedicated to clashes between Allied and Axis forces in North Africa at the early stages of World War II. New features include smoke shells and grenades, motorcycles and ability to dig your own trenches.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Quite unusual to launch next-gen first and then backport to last-gen. I reckon Xbox One will also follow?

I mean, Crsed: Foad (same engine) ended up on XBO and even Switch.

Title needs to be updated tho.

Edit: i was not wrong: The game will come to Xbox One:
Soldiers, we are happy to announce that the online military shooter Enlisted - initially developed only for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, is now also available on the previous generation of consoles! Owners of the PlayStation 4 can enjoy combat in three Enlisted campaigns: the Invasion of Normandy, Battle of Tunisia, and after nearest update - Battle for Moscow. Naturally, playing on the same servers with existing players on other platforms. The fourth campaign - Battle of Berlin - will become available in the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022. We are also working hard to release Enlisted on Xbox One in the nearest future as well.

The release of Enlisted on the PlayStation 4 will allow players who have not yet had the opportunity to obtain more modern hardware to join the game. Our development team has worked hard for more than a year to optimize performance and carefully adapt the massive and intense Enlisted battles for the previous generation of hardware. As a result, battlefields full of soldiers, armored vehicles, and aircraft fighting simultaneously in the same location can run at a stable 30 FPS, even on the regular PlayStation 4 consoles. With the content of all available campaigns being exactly the same as on the newer generation of consoles and PC. Though we are still not satisfied with the performance and will keep working on improving it.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Quite unusual to launch next-gen first and then backport to last-gen. I reckon Xbox One will also follow?

I mean, Crsed: Foad (same engine) ended up on XBO and even Switch.

Title needs to be updated tho.

Edit: i was not wrong: The game will come to Xbox One:

It is, but I do recall something odd like this happened with The Crew

Kupfer

Can someone explain to me, why I would play Enlisted ( I don't know the game yet, but I have the feeling, it's P2W / cashgrab) over Hell Let Loose? ( which I played in beta and now two evenings in full version - loving it )

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Can someone explain to me, why I would play Enlisted ( I don't know the game yet, but I have the feeling, it's P2W / cashgrab) over Hell Let Loose? ( which I played in beta and now two evenings in full version - loving it )
Because one can be played for free and the other one is paid? I don't get these questions. Just try Enlisted out, see if it sticks. If not, there is no harm done.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wish I knew about the free Xbox trial last week. By the time I found out, it was over.

I tried Enlisted a month or so ago. Didn't like it at all. It ran smooth on Series X and the graphics were decent (pop in though). I totally get it's not a AAA budget game so thats fine, but the worst problem was the aiming and moving felt floaty and laggy.

Not an online ping time lag, but the game either purposely (or not) makes you turn and aim with fraction of a second lag so it never feels crisp. Maybe they did that to simulate a real soldier carrying gear to make him a big sluggish, or maybe it wasnt intended by a game engine issue.

But if you test the free trial, you'll notice this. Big turn off for me. I want crisp moving and aiming.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Because one can be played for free and the other one is paid? I don't get these questions. Just try Enlisted out, see if it sticks. If not, there is no harm done.
So free games are without any argument better than paid games? Don't be so butthurt or at least ignore my post if you're not able to contribute. I wanted to have some real facts in what aspects Enlisted does a better job.
Also HLL is part of PsPlus, so at least both games are "free" for PS5 users with PsPlus.

Redneckerz

So free games are without any argument better than paid games?
No, i was giving you an answer. That you can play Enlisted and see for yourself on a easier note on the basis of being free than Hell Get Loose.

If you want to have an impression, why not try it first and then ask why you should (keep on) playing Enlisted?
Don't be so butthurt or at least ignore my post if you're not able to contribute.
Answering your question with a reasonable answer is being butthurt it seems. I am sorry i went against the grain and provided an answer you didn't expect nor appreciate.
I wanted to have some real facts in what aspects Enlisted does a better job.
Perhaps the visuals, on first glance. Hell Get Loose definitely looks more realistic in gunplay, whereas with Enlisted it is more an arcade style. Its no Red Orchestra, for sure.
Also HLL is part of PsPlus, so at least both games are "free" for PS5 users with PsPlus.
That's great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom