• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games & Xbox raised 144$ million in support for Ukraine relief funds

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Good on them. That's a large sum to help people in Ukraine and it's great to see a coupleof big companies who can help actually using their positions to help in such a meaningful way.

Last edited:

Skifi28

These amounts always sound great and everybody's happy, but I've always wonder if and how this is actually being used to help those that need it the most. Same with all those charity streamers everywhere, the discussion usually stops at "we've gathered X amount".

Last edited:

elliot5

These amounts always sound great and everybody's happy, but I've always wonder if and how this is actually being used to help those that need it the most. Same with all those charity streamers everywhere, the discussion usually stops at "we've gathered X amount".
That’s something you’d have to look at UNICEF, WFP, etc for.

Three

Can we then equate this as the fortnightly income of Fortnite from mtx? The 30% cut will skew things a bit but this is a good upper bound.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Unimpressed Zach Galifianakis GIF

who cares zach galifianakis GIF

Epic is a garbage-tier company run by a rat-faced turd, and it deserves no praise.

reksveks

Can we then equate this as the fortnightly income of Fortnite from mtx? The 30% cut will skew things a bit but this is a good upper bound.
Kinda. This in theory would have been a peak though.

I am stuck between using this number and the annual revenue number

intbal

Unless Nadella and Sweeney are on the streets of Kiev handing out bags of cash in person, the majority of this money will end up dispersing throughout the upper levels of charitable bureaucracy, just like all "relief funds". Everybody always gets their cut before it reaches its final location.

Darsxx82

Bravo for both👏👏

Now I just hope that amount arrives as soon as possible and in its entirety.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Unless Nadella and Sweeney are on the streets of Kiev handing out bags of cash in person, the majority of this money will end up dispersing throughout the upper levels of charitable bureaucracy, just like all "relief funds". Everybody always gets their cut before it reaches its final location.
Yeah they should have done it as a payment to that UA bank account, but then I am not sure if they could write it off taxes and so on...

CuNi

Crazy amount of money considering this game is already close to 5 years old.

This is a genuine question and I hope it will not be spun into console warring.
But how come Epic and MS only did this? I would have thought Sony would be willing to jump onto the good PR wagon too?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So Fortnite makes like ~$10 million a day... wild..

Granted it was the start of a season, but still.

Mr Hyde

Great initiativ and good amount of money. Hopefully it will help those in needs. I pray for the war to end soon so the Ukrainians can rebuild their country and mend their wounds.

Kagey K

Banned
I contributed $6.00 even though I already have 10,000 Vbucks from save the world logins and dailies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom