• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store reaches 230 million accounts and 68 million active users

Sentenza

For context:

user: 108M
First party: 680M
Third party: 251M

user: 160M
First party: 700M
Third party: 265M

user: 194M
First party: 840M
Third party: 300M

This is the fourth year in a row where they are failing spectacularly to match their original projections for growth... And even according to those they were supposed to start gaining money only by 2027.
I'd be curious to know how much they are losing on this store on a monthly basis exactly.

Lasha

Steam counts as "active accounts" only the ones that 1) have valid purchases on 2) have logged at least once in the last month.
And the last number they gave in that sense was around 130 million months ago, before they broke their record for daily concurrent users three or four time since.

I assure you that if EGS was going with the same parameters these numbers would look a lot worse. ESPECIALLY once you ignored the overwhelming majority coming from Fortnite players.

What's arguably a more useful comparison, thought, is that you have individual top sellers on Steam (i.e. Hogwarts Legacy) that single-handedly generated more revenues than the entirety of the third party titles on the EGS.
And Steam is overall VERY profitable, not a money sink.

Thanks for your assurances. They really added a lot to the conversation.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
For context:

user: 108M
First party: 680M
Third party: 251M

user: 160M
First party: 700M
Third party: 265M

user: 194M
First party: 840M
Third party: 300M

This is the fourth year in a row where they are failing spectacularly to match their original projections for growth... And even according to those they were supposed to start gaining money only by 2027.
I'd be curious to know how much they are losing on this store on a monthly basis exactly.

I wonder how much they paid for that GtAV giveaway. Must’ve been a fuckin bundle.

Mostly free to play Fortshit players... I log once a week to collect my free game and never bother opening that shit... never even played any game I've got lol

Graciaus

Considering the average user only spends $1.54 in an entire year on third party games and Epic only sees 12% of that probably a lot.

Tangerine

Well you can see how I use em. They got me twice though. 10quid voucher reducing one game to £5, and another for just over 10quid. The rest freebies! Probably not their ideal customer.

GTA5 kicked off my freebie collecting. Shame I missed a bunch of good indies before that tbh.

2 long ass images so in spoiler tag. Read from bottom up if you care about reading in order:

Screenshot-2023-03-10-07-43-39-28.jpg

Screenshot-2023-03-10-07-44-49-56.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom