• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ETA on GOW Ragnarök & future PC ports by PlayStation

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
74AuLmKI6tEj1QNhhjqZ99LpBuSEn2EnIxEmnPzK3ig.png

u/rockagent, who is a popular and highly credible industry insider with quite a few high-profile leaks under their belt, such as Bend Studio’s upcoming title or Elden Ring’s bestiary leak, has now leaked plenty of upcoming PC ports of PlayStation first-party exclusives in a recent post that they made in r/playstation on Reddit.

God of War Ragnarok is going to be the Swan Song of the PlayStation 4
As far as progress and development goes expect this to be an amazing experience on the PS4 and PS4 Pro.
The game itself is set to run at a dynamic 1080p on the base and on the PS4 Pro when set to 1080p output. On the Pro it will support and unlocked framerate at a dynamic 1080p and will also have a checkerboarded 4K30 mode also with DRS.
The PlayStation 5 version will have the standard 3 modes, Fidelity, Performance, and Performance RT. 4K30RT/4K60/1440p60 with checkerboarding to 4K.

Sony will not be releasing any cross gen games first party after this point unless a developer desperately wants a PS4 port of their game which is unlikely.

From 2023 onward we will only see PS5 exclusives from first party developers along with the shift to PC ports becoming more and more gradual.
PS4 ports for Demon Souls, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, and Deathloop amongst others have already been canned or are going to be dropped past this point.

Said games including Ragnarok, Rift Apart, Demon Souls, Forbidden West, GT7, Ghost of Tsushima and the likes will all be receiving PC ports.
Guerilla Games will handle Forbidden West, Iron Galaxy is porting Uncharted to PC, Blind Squirrel games and Jetpack interactive are currently busy porting over Ratchet 2016 and Rift Apart to PC.
Polyphony is doing GT7. Bluepoint is bringing Demon Souls to PC. Nixxies has been working on Ghost of Tsushima and it's DLC for some time now.

God of War Ragnarok will come to PC as well with Jetpack interactive and Blind Squirrel collaboratibg again once they finish work on the Ratchet ports.
After this Sony will begin to phase in PC ports more casually so they can release them within months to a year from it's original release.

By than since the PS4 and PS4 Pro will cut from receiving first titles the only ways to play PS5 only titles will be through PS Plus Premium as a streaming service.
Sony has made a deal with Microsoft to secure Deathloop as a PS Plus Premium games once it looses exclusivity it will come to both PS Plus and Game Pass respectively.

Other titles such as Astro's Playroom, Rift Apart, and PS5 upgraded versions of PS4 titles will be streamable to PS4 players for the foreseeable future to test the waters and allow them a method to play these games.

With that being said expect to this to slowly pan out really soon.

Source

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nixxes doing Ghost of Sushi makes sense. We have no idea what they’ve been working on. I hope Square finds someone else good to do their PC ports because they have been shit all year.

Still this probably all horseshit.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This was all in the Nvidia leak btw. Only new info is who is doing the ports. Makes sense Guerilla would port HFW since HZD was a shitshow at launch. Only thing that makes this believable on second glance is that there’s no Bloodborne.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
"Sony has made a deal with Microsoft to secure Deathloop as a PS Plus Premium games once it looses exclusivity it will come to both PS Plus and Game Pass respectively"
sounds like bullshit , the tech details for GOW ragnarok also seem like guesses

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This was all in the Nvidia leak btw. Only new info is who is doing the ports. Makes sense Guerilla would port HFW since HZD was a shitshow at launch. Only thing that makes this believable on second glance is that there’s no Bloodborne.
And no Spider-Man too. Thanks god I played this on Pro because I would be pissed other way, waiting for a PC port that don't seems to be planned.
Where’s that ETA on Ragnarok though? I’m not seeing it in the article.
Yeah sorry about that, I forgot to replace 'ETA' by 'State'. My bad.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Sony will launch 4-5 port every year... so just make the maths to see when we will see God of War Ragnarok or GT7 on PC.

ethomaz

Banned
Where’s that ETA on Ragnarok though? I’m not seeing it in the article.
I will help you... the article is based in a random reddit post.

More random guesses impossible.

The full post if you are looking into:

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I want to believe, but somethings are just too good to be true.
Still, I do want those PC ports.

FingerBang

This is plausible and smart from Sony. I will personally still be buying most of their stuff on PS5, but times have changed.

Sentenza

Soon they run out of games to be rumoured to get a PC port because there is more PC port rumours then new game rumours. 🙄
Well, if you want the short version it goes more or less:

"Hey Sony, what games are you porting to PC?"
"Yes".

Hardly shocking at this point.

That aside, one can't help but wonder how long it's going to take with their current pace of releasing a port every six months or so.

Denton

Hopefully it is true, I have no space for PS5 in my living room setup, but want to play Tsushima at 60fps.

TLOU2 PC when though. I already own the PS4 Pro version but cannot stand its framerate.

tusharngf

I am happy with this news.. more people should be able to play these quality titles. Jimbo is truly delivering the experience to people.

kyliethicc

Seems like a bunch of speculation mixed with some publicly known info, along with some BS.

Sony have already made it clear all their big games are going to PC. Duh.

Sony has said that PS5 games can’t be streamed via PS Plus Premium. Download only.

And games like MLB 23 will 100% be on PS4.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Aren't there rumors about Returnal and Sackboy coming to PC as well?

Can't wait for some official announcement.

Kokoloko85

At least dont use the actual main studios for porting when they could be working on something new.
I guess with stock issues they have to

Last edited:

yurinka

I call this bullshit. My bet:

-In 2023 there will be several crossgen games on PS4, both multi like Street Fighter 6 and the TLOU2 Factions games specially considering that the transition is becoming slower than expected due to the chips shortage.
-PS4 ports for Demon Souls, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, and Deathloop never existed or were even considered
-I agree that Ragnarok, Rift Apart, Demon Souls, Forbidden West, GT7, Ghost of Tsushima and the likes may end getting ported but not soon. I don't see them being released until at least 2 or 3 years after release. And before porting to PC PS5 games I see them porting old PS4 big sellers like Spider-Man 1 or TLOU1+2.

Last edited:

skit_data

Sounds reasonable.

Port PS5 only games to PC about 1-2 years after release, shorten it to 6 months to 1 year at the end of the gen. Maybe even day and date if it doesn’t impact development for PS5 in any way possible.

If true I wonder what kind of ray tracing Ragnarok will feature? I don't see them making heavy use of RT reflections but maybe ambient occlusion, shadows or even global illumination? Now that would be interesting.

Top Bottom