• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

Obviously if you are a Portugal fan you will celebrate this win no matter how they played and we would all do the same for our teams. For neutrals that obviously isn't the case.

And Ronaldo was the saltiest out of all after that Iceland match.

It doesn't really matter if Italy, Germany or France will make it to the finale, Portugal doesn't stand a chance against any of them. They are several leagues above POR. Even France.

Obviously if you are a Portugal fan you will celebrate this win no matter how they played and we would all do the same for our teams. For neutrals that obviously isn't the case.

Im portuguese but I have to say that Ronaldo sucked. Period. Two occasions where he decides not to score and the way he moves through the field. Fucking hell.

Oh and Fernando Santos, choose another one for those free kicks.

It doesn't really matter if Italy, Germany or France will make it to the finale, Portugal doesn't stand a chance against any of them. They are several leagues above POR. Even France.
You must be joking, right? France?

Well, yeah. You won't find any Portugal fan saying they've been playing good football.
But people complaining about not winning in 90 minutes makes it seems like like they were playing alone ore somehow cheated. They fail to realise that the other team is just as "guilty" of that fact and couldn't score either.

It's not great football, but in a tournament it's a victory that matters.

MrKaepora

13528907_1086641131410069_1307147345029521834_n.jpg

Thug life.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, yeah. You won't find any Portugal fan saying they've been playing good football.
But people complaining about not winning in 90 minutes makes it seems like like they were playing alone ore somehow cheated. They fail to realise that the other team is just as "guilty" of that fact and couldn't score either.

I mean its not like the team we were playing against had won on penalty shoot out the round before or anything... oh wait

Melfice7

Someone with good sense? Get out of here!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oooh Copa America Winner Chile is going to play Euro Winner TBD this year? thats neat

jts

...hate me...
Portugal have now reached at least semis in 4 out of the last 5 Euros. If you throw in the only World Cup disputed in Europe in the same time frame, got semi-finals as well.

Never in doubt.

zonezeus

Copy-pasting my Reddit post. Sorry for the awful English, polish beer strong!

Portugal was clearly a better team this time, hats off to you.

But. BUT. It was a first time, as a support of the polish National Team, when I could be proud to see what I was seeing. You know, there were many jokes about our NT in national competitions. That we only ever play 3 matches: the opening match (which we lose), the match for everything (which we also lose) and the match for honour (which doesn't matter). This was not true this time, we got through the group stages with the 2nd place, with a pretty high chance for the 1st place. There was another meme, that our defense was shit and the only thing they could do was hit the ball as far from our goal as possible and just delay the inevitable. It wasn't true either this time, our defense was rock solid and we conceded only 2 goals in this tournament, one for every match of the knockout phases. And there was the worst one, that we could only play for the first 30 minutes and then our play devolved into parking the bus or as we call it "obrona Częstochowy" ("The Defense of Częstochowa"), which is synonymous with a valiant defense, but ultimately in vain. None of this happened in this tournament. Instead, we got a professional play on the european (mediocre, but still) level, when even our boys lost we still had this feeling that they played their hearts out and gave their best. The feeling of accomplishment. Our team wasn't just a background for the big tournament; we were, for a time, a part of it. Hell, For all this, and more, hats off to the members of the Polish National Team. You guys did us proud.

Nobody ever seems to notice how Pepe often snuffs attacks when he's the last man. He does this even more in club level, but for whatever reason he's never credited for it. He's not perfect, no defender is, but he's excellent at tracking back and wrestling the ball away.

Arkanius

Nobody ever seems to notice how Pepe often snuffs attacks when he's the last man. He does this even more in club level, but for whatever reason he's never credited for it. He's not perfect, no defender is, but he's excellent at tracking back and wrestling the ball away.

He can be a disgusting person most of the time
But hell, he has been on FUCKING POINT so far

MrKaepora

13567138_1220399454656943_3602354507542872101_n.jpg

Like I said in the football thread some time ago to the Bayern fans, you have a player with tremendous potencial but remember that he's still young. Treat him well.

It pains me seeing him leave my Benfica but at the same time I've a sense of pride watching him grow.

spidye

13567138_1220399454656943_3602354507542872101_n.jpg

Like I said in the football thread some time ago to the Bayern fans, you have a player with tremendous potencial but remember that he's still young. Treat him well.

It pains me seeing him leave my Benfica but at the same time I've a sense of pride watching him grow.

after today I'm a believer too. he was damn good.
he already looks more confident and physically stronger than Thiago or Kimmich and he's just 18.

I just fear with Vidal, Kimmich, Thiago and Alonso the CM position is crowded at Bayern

Blablurn

Sell Thiagos corpse to Pep

Renato is in the house

Bayern gonna be so good next year

Can't wait
to lose in the CL semifinal again

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Portugal didn’t try anything. They were just defend, defend, defend and playing on the counterattack. It was a lucky night for them. I thought they’d won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end. It was unbelievable. When they don’t try to play and just defend, defend, defend, this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom