• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever miss people that aren’t in your life anymore?

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Animated GIF

I do miss several people that are not in my life anymore. It does suck losing them. Friends. Family. It's a big reason why I miss the past, it felt livelier with those connections that are now dead. I feel much lonelier these days, dead connections and it's not like I made much in the way of newer relationships either

I have a good amount of friends that I've lost touch with that I really do miss. The thing about life is you usually don't know when it's going to be the last time you hang out with someone.

I think back on my childhood friends that used to roll around the neighborhood on bikes and do stupid shit, like shoot each other with paint balls using sling shots. On nice summer nights like this we would be out until dark shooting hoops or doing whatever and then we would sit on the curb or in someones backyard and shoot the shit until someones parents kicked us out or we had to go home.

Definitely a much simpler time
Definitely nice thinking back on childhood memories, that was good times! Thank you for sharing :messenger_smiling:

Every day now tbh

All my close friends were girls so when I started going out with my EX she was seriously against it so I stupidly stopped contact...that was over 6 years ago and now I'm all alone since we broke up a month ago.

They're apparently both married now and one of them reached out to me after Xmas and I never replied to her cause my now ex GF didn't like her.

Feel like such a twat....I reached out to her but she didn't reply which I understand...she probably reached out to me to invite me to her wedding and I just ignored her so I don't blame her for not replying to me tbh.

Had a couple of guy mates but they've either moved away or have families now too.

Fucking sucks.
Sorry to hear that, partners like that can do a lot of damage.. definitely think you should try reaching out and explain how the relationship had been and how you feel. Wishing you the best and hope it works out 💜

Lol that’s dumb , you can be friends which whoever you want as long as your respectful. One of my best friends is a woman and we always hang out when comes to visit the island and my wife is cool with it because she knows we are just friends.
Definitely, I agree with you, it’s all about respect, trust and good communication. And that comes from someone who’s ex cheated with a close friend. 😂 if you got respect, trust and communication in a relationship it doesn’t matter who you or your parents friends are.

I have a bad friend I left and I miss him all the time. He was funny as fuck. And he had a toddler that I loved seeing all the time. Too bad he was an unloyal pos. And a liar.

Example: we have our laptops out and we are just about to get down with some brood war. His phone rings. I hear him tell someone some bullshit about being busy with something that was definitely not starcraft. He hangs up, and my phone rings. Turns out it's our other friend stuck on the freeway with a dead car in the middle of the nite. The guy who was stuck would give you the shirt off his back. I couldn't believe douchebagger was going to leave him like that. But really, I COULD believe it. Eventually I had enough.

But he really was hilarious.
Had some bad friends too and all of them definitely had some good qualities too but in the end no trust or just not much of a friend. You did the right thing, you’ll meet other that are good in all aspects!

Made a friend when I was 18 and just moved away from home. We both met working at Software Etc. He was Japanese, a punk rocker. Really cool guy, and he was the closest I’ve had to a brother.

At 20 I was hit with a very severe chronic illness. He stuck by me, but to be honest I was in pretty severe hardship from 20 all the way to 44. It was a very dark time and we slowly grew apart as our lives diverged. I was in treatment, depressed, battling suicide, taking narcotics, in mental institutions, etc, he was building his career. He would answer my calls (I eventually had to move back with my folks a long distance away), but he would never make any effort to call me. Eventually I got the message and stopped calling him. But truth be told, I was such a miserable person to be around for so long that I don’t hold it against him.

But yeah, I miss the guy and think of him often. I often wonder what he would think of certain games. Life just has different paths for us all, and part of growth is loss.
I’m sorry to hear that, you’ve been through a lot. Sounds like a wonderful friend and I do hope the best for you! Have you tried reaching out? Sometimes people grow apart and even good people come and go in your life. There will always be the good memories and other good people will found their way to your life too 💗

I do miss several people that are not in my life anymore. It does suck losing them. Friends. Family. It's a big reason why I miss the past, it felt livelier with those connections that are now dead. I feel much lonelier these days, dead connections and it's not like I made much in the way of newer relationships either
It’s hard, many I miss too. I do believe you’ll find wonderful people that you’ll make new connections with! I’m here if ever need to talk, just dm. 💜

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I have a bad friend I left and I miss him all the time. He was funny as fuck. And he had a toddler that I loved seeing all the time. Too bad he was an unloyal pos. And a liar.

Example: we have our laptops out and we are just about to get down with some brood war. His phone rings. I hear him tell someone some bullshit about being busy with something that was definitely not starcraft. He hangs up, and my phone rings. Turns out it's our other friend stuck on the freeway with a dead car in the middle of the nite. The guy who was stuck would give you the shirt off his back. I couldn't believe douchebagger was going to leave him like that. But really, I COULD believe it. Eventually I had enough.

But he really was hilarious.

that IS kinda funny lol reminds me of something that would happen on always sunny in philadelphia

Last edited:

Crayon

that IS kinda funny lol reminds me of something that would happen on always sunny in philadelphia

Oh then you are going to like this one. Same guy.

It's his birthday. His wife to be wants to do something nice for him. She plans with several of his friends to go to the beach. We do. It's fun. When it's time to pick up, she says "hey let's go to dinner, everyone! It's on me!"

So apparently my friend asswipe wanted to go home, instead. "It's your birthday!" says everyone. He protests. Wonders why everyone is so insistant. Doubles down and starts pouting like a baby. He exclaims that he has to go because he was going to meet his dad and his brother soon. A likely story. He keeps whining about that. This is going on enough that he's getting legit upset, so we said okay, he got in the car, and his wife just drove him to the resturant anyway. I'm sure he was whining to her all the way there.

They get to the resturant and we're already there. You see, EVERYBODY is already there. It's a surprise!! More friends, some family, and of course his dad an brother.

You'd think he'd be mortified, but he was only a little embarassed because he shameless. Nobody even gave him shit because we know he's just like that.

Top Bottom