• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everspace (Early Access) |OT| Rogue(like) One

I have a real dumb question:

If I purchase this Game Preview at $29.99, am I only buying this version of the game and not the inevitable final patched version of it that hits retail? Trying to understand the Game Preview program thing (Xbox One)
They'll update the game once it's taken out of Game Preview. It'll be like you own the normal retail version of the game.

Memory

I have a real dumb question:

If I purchase this Game Preview at $29.99, am I only buying this version of the game and not the inevitable final patched version of it that hits retail? Trying to understand the Game Preview program thing (Xbox One)

Don't buy it now, it will be on sale tomorrow I believe.

Yes it updates to the final version upon release.

Coreda

Anyone have a video capture of the new voice actor for the protagonist, mentioned in the March 10 update? Haven't updated as I'm unsure what I think of replacing the voice I've become used to and have read it's voiced "dead seriously."

Game is out of Early Access
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRy04FdwTLk
The Full Release version will add the story elements with missions, cutscenes and video sequences, as well as full VR support. Next to many tweaks and bugfixes, version 1.0 will also add Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.

The promised Hardcore Mode did not make it in time and will get added post release as a free update. We'll also start working on Joystick support right after release

Coreda

After trying to find a clip for a while of the new voice actor added in v0.3-something I finally came across a brief line. I really wasn't expecting it to be that bad, geez.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This game is amazing.

Imagine Freespace and Descent combined into a rogue like.

Title if the thread should change to reflect that the game is released.

Top Bottom