• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everwild is Something “the World Hasn’t Seen Before” – Lead Designer

MadPanda

Banned
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.

Death Stranding is one of the best PS4 experiences and exclusives.

On topic, every unreleased and unseen game is something the world doesn't have and haven't seen before so this seems like illogical thing to say.
I love the instant negativity when someone is just proud of his work. This is one of the reasons gaming is so toxic.

look, I'm a big gaming and Xbox fan but if you don't have something meaningful to say then don't. What he said isn't meaningful, isn't informative and isn't useful. I got very interested in the game when they showed that first trailer, but unless they have something concrete to show or say it's better to keep silent.

Helghan

Look, I'm a big gaming and Xbox fan but if you don't have something meaningful to say then don't. What he said isn't meaningful, isn't informative and isn't useful. I got very interested in the game when they showed that first trailer, but unless they have something concrete to show or say it's better to keep silent.
Ah yes, how weird that a company says they are doing something unique and innovative in a job description... They are looking for people, he shared a post that they are looking for people, and merely said they are doing cool, unique stuff. The weird thing is that it's immediately being picked up, and created into an article when this is just boilerplate job description lingo. Not really his fault that someone tried to create a story about it.

MadPanda

Banned
Ah yes, how weird that a company says they are doing something unique and innovative in a job description... They are looking for people, he shared a post that they are looking for people, and merely said they are doing cool, unique stuff. The weird thing is that it's immediately being picked up, and created into an article when this is just boilerplate job description lingo. Not really his fault that someone tried to create a story about it.

If it's how you described it then it's fine. I haven't read his original post. I have to agree with you. Journalists are sometimes like vultures, looking for scrapes to make articles.

CeeJay

I can easily believe that Everwild is going to be something unique, Rare are well known for doing unconventional games. Being unconventional doesn't necessarily mean great though and Rare have had misses over recent years such as Kinect Sports Rivals alongside the hits such as Sea of Thieves and Rare Replay.

samoilaaa

So basically lets ban any developer marketing / selling /saying even good things about their games to not hurt your feelings.
Yeah, wont work.
i get what you are saying but at least be a little humble until you show us the game , they rebooted the game because they didnt know what they wanted to make and a couple of months later they tell us that it will be something that we have never seen before

ahtlas7

Does it take place on an ever shrinking map where players Gun each other down?
That would be supes awesome and fresh.
Hell, throw a store on there to sell shit to players too.
Leaving Season 11 GIF by Will & Grace

anothertech

After watching a the trailers, it seems like it's a 'journey' type thing. Multiplayer puzzle adventure with no combat?

Honestly, could be anything though.

daTRUballin

Lol at all the negativity in this thread

Sure, I can understand some of the skepticism, but you have people constantly harping on Rare for not being what they used to be and wanting them to go back to "the good old days" and all that. But then when literally anything they say about the games they're working on or their own studio gets this much derision and laughter, how are they supposed to win anyone over?

Nobody seemingly ever wants to give them a chance. Like, ever.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder if there is a game mechanic we haven’t seen before.

To reveal the map you jump in Wells instead of climbing towers.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Lol at all the negativity in this thread

Sure, I can understand some of the skepticism, but you have people constantly harping on Rare for not being what they used to be and wanting them to go back to "the good old days" and all that. But then when literally anything they say about the games they're working on or their own studio gets this much derision and laughter, how are they supposed to win anyone over?

Nobody seemingly ever wants to give them a chance. Like, ever.
Plan for disappointment can’t be disappointed. Like your spouse when she settled for you. 😀

daTRUballin

Plan for disappointment can’t be disappointed. Like your spouse when she settled for you. 😀
Rare's case seems to be unique in that people always plan for disappointment yet are always somehow still disappointed. It's like people don't want to be NOT disappointed in Rare.

But maybe this is just all console wars nonsense and I'm looking into things too deeply lol. I'm sure Rare got lots of hate from Sega and Sony fans back during the golden era too.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Rare's case seems to be unique in that people always plan for disappointment yet are always somehow still disappointed. It's like people don't want to be NOT disappointed in Rare.

But maybe this is just all console wars nonsense and I'm looking into things too deeply lol. I'm sure Rare got lots of hate from Sega and Sony fans back during the golden era too.
The rare's paradox ...If people were not disappointed with next Rare's game then they'd be disappointed, meaning that they'd be happy with it ...Which is disapointing to them and the circle continues.

daTRUballin

Rare‘s last game sea of thieves was not a disappointment.
Well, that depends on who you talk to lol. But yeah, SoT is definitely their most successful game on Xbox consoles and probably the first Rare game in 15-20 years that wasn't outright ignored or hated. Well, I guess Viva Piñata was generally loved, but was mostly ignored.

Almost every game they've released with MS has been a disappointment to people on some level.

yurinka

According to Rare’s James Blackham, lead designer on the game, it’s going to be quite a unique experience. Taking to LinkedIn, Blackham said that Everwild is “something the world doesn’t have and hasn’t seen before”, saying, “Something unique is brewing at Rare.”
Yes, I still haven't seen this game before because I haven't seen the game. But the video was beautiful.

Myths

Just make it an animated film. All this time and effort put into building a world like BOTW/SOTC with no idea how players will even interface with it. When you’re busy trying to make something unlike anything else, it just becomes like everything else by release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom