• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Cancelled Nintendo DS Game - Did You Know Gaming? Ft. Remix

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this video, Did You Know Gaming takes a look at some facts, secrets and history surrounding cancelled DS games like Metroid Dread, Pokemon Gray, and games from the Mario and Zelda franchises, as well as much, much more cancelled games.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Haven't watched the video yet... but I immediately thought of the Halo DS game. It was real, and yes it was a pitch demo, but it's still surreal to think what may have happaned. Maybe in another world. Heck... I honestly think we are closer to seeing Halo on a Nintendo platform now than back in 2006-2007.
re88HwV65VS5ehO5o2R_Hi59JN09DKbaSvlcZ3zic1TWsCfzHUkfIaG8EbDUmZVzq9Fjr9Y8k4f0wwevQHwFh11UcW1eCyODzqMqsMv8d8f6PCPPO09ipl6V

Haven't watched the video yet... but I immediately thought of the Halo DS game. It was real, and yes it was a pitch demo, but it's still surreal to think what may have happaned. Maybe in another world. Heck... I honestly think we are closer to seeing Halo on a Nintendo platform now than back in 2006-2007.
re88HwV65VS5ehO5o2R_Hi59JN09DKbaSvlcZ3zic1TWsCfzHUkfIaG8EbDUmZVzq9Fjr9Y8k4f0wwevQHwFh11UcW1eCyODzqMqsMv8d8f6PCPPO09ipl6V
I forgot about that. It would have been interesting to see halo on the DS.

CamHostage

I forgot about that. It would have been interesting to see halo on the DS.

To see Halo on a portable at all, it would have been interesting.

There was a period there where the franchise had some activity of potential outside of the Xbox. (This was back when Microsoft gave companies like THQ a license to publish Microsoft games on GBA, such as Munch's Odyssey, Monster Truck Madness, and later actual Rare games such as Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge and Banjo Pilot.) I assume basically what happened was that Microsoft was busy making deals on platforms in the portable market it wasn't supporting, and although technically Halo was never supposed to on the table because Bungie would have thrown a fit, MS was still entertaining and/or soliciting offers for Halo as their biggest brand just in case they could get a deal to go through.

There was Halo DS of course, that was actually shown, but before that a Halo GBA was said to be happening, and then the even crazier case was that the Gizmondo company was sure enough they had a deal ready to go that they talked about it in public as a game coming to the platform (and had a Halo Gizmondo demo built.) Nothing ever came of that demo unfortunately (I can't think of any Gizmondo FPSes that might have been built out of that engine test; Halo DS demo was manufactured using the N-Space engine used in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and CoD DS) and no footage has ever leaked ... though it is hard to care about a lost Gizmondo project.

This fan-made, homebrew Halo GBA ROM has nothing to do with anything I mentioned above, but it's cute to think about what could have been...

Last edited:
Top Bottom