• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody’s Golf online servers to shut down on September 30

Sony Interactive Entertainment will shut down online servers for Everybody’s Golf on September 30, the company announced. The game will still be playable offline after the servers close.

“Online servers for Everybody’s Golf will shut down on September 30, 2022,” reads a message on the game’s official English page. “All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy the game in single-player offline modes.”

Starting October 1, the following functionality will no longer be available:

I'm going to guess a new game in the series will be announced in June

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This game stunk. Hot Shots World Invitational for Vita was a top 3 game on the system to me. Bought this day 1 and it was just not good.

bender

What time is it?
This game stunk. Hot Shots World Invitational for Vita was a top 3 game on the system to me. Bought this day 1 and it was just not good.

While it is certainly one of the weaker entries in the series, it's still miles better than any other golf game out there. I'd say "stunk" is overly harsh. WI, OT1, and OT2 are the GOATs.

Nankatsu

I came into the topic thinking how original the title was.

Didn't expect the title to be literally true.

No Way Wow GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I too prefer hoarding objects that can never leave me over experiences that are enjoyable. For possession in itself provides the highest joy.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Haven't played in awhile myself, but if it means we're going to get a new game for PS5.... I'm fine with that.
Haven't played for a year and i sure won't miss the servers but i wouldn't consider the game old enough to warrant such a decision. Maybe the playercount is to low. I agree a new one would be cool.

Termite

I remember being so hyped by the demo/online test. Then the game came out and was a pay2win microtransaction ridden fleabag.

Shame, because the core gameplay was so good. As was the soundtrack. When they added the "lone elite" setting, the game finally became good - and it was amazing. But it was too little too late.

Running around courses like Mario looking for daily-spawning gems to power up your clubs (in order to make you want to spend real money to do so) just has no fucking place in a golf game.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Bought the Vita version near launch was a lot of fun....remember that word sony? fun? its everything that 'cinematic experiences' aren't

LordCBH

What’s the point in paying to play multiplayer if they’ll just shut the multiplayer off anyway. Fucking loved that game.

unclbenn

had a lot of fun with couch multiplayer. the single player game was too much of a grind but i'll definitely have a couple online matches with my buddy before the servers get taken down.

Holammer

Couldn't have timed this shutdown announcement better, just when Clap Hanz Golf is having its 1y anniversary.
Anyone actually played that? It's generating zero buzz and apparently getting a "major update" soon, hope that includes PC and console ports.

TexMex

Truly bummed. I still play this all the time. The online is great and the community, while small, is still very much there. A real bummer.

Top Bottom