• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

everybody wants a bloodborne remaster/remake but i dont think it would turn out as good as the original

samoilaaa

Just look at demon's soul , the remake has amazing graphics , draw distance but it seems that it lost all its dark fantasy feeling , now it looks like a generic fantasy game

Bloodborne has some if not the best lovecraftian atmosphere , i seriously doubt that they could keep that if they made a remake , maybe a remaster with resolution and framerate upgrade

SeraphJan

The Demon's Souls remake was great in terms of atmosphere, it might look generic in your eyes but that's not a fact. However do note that it released in a time where the series and gaming as a whole had evolved much more, imaging the reception if remake's artistic style was released at 2009, it not the game's fault.

Same might or might not happen to Bloodborne, however you could always go back and play the original, its not like giving player choice will suddenly make the original game disappear.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
It's all a matter of taste, but i agree with the OP. Demon Souls 2020 is a good and polished game, but to me they missed to catch the dark/dirty and oppressive feeling the old game had and with the overhaul most creatures lost much of their creepiness. Shadow of the Colossus 2018 on the other hand nailed it. 10/10.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Just look at demon's soul , the remake has amazing graphics , draw distance but it seems that it lost all its dark fantasy feeling , now it looks like a generic fantasy game

Bloodborne has some if not the best lovecraftian atmosphere , i seriously doubt that they could keep that if they made a remake , maybe a remaster with resolution and framerate upgrade

Souls fan here, demons souls remake is fucking amazing (aesthetics personal preferences aside) and I play the shit out of it since launch to this day ... and the original bloodborne is a much better game than original demons souls ...

So OP ... sorry but not sorry.. you are just wrong

samoilaaa

it can only be bad if bluepoint do not remake/remaster it
DS remake is one of the best looking most polished games out there
i didnt say it didnt look or runs great , im saying that it doesnt feel like dark fantasy anymore , it looks like ur typical fantasy rpg

one of the main things that sets bloodborne apart is the unique lovecraftian atmopshere , i dont think they can replicate it

I never thought it needed much more than an official 60fps patch. One of my fave games, if it comes to PC I hope they just touch it up a little, make it look a little cleaner and let the frames fly.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
i didnt say it didnt look or runs great , im saying that it doesnt feel like dark fantasy anymore , it looks like ur typical fantasy rpg

one of the main things that sets bloodborne apart is the unique lovecraftian atmopshere , i dont think they can replicate it
what makes you say that
you think they will make it different in some way?

YukiOnna

I don't really want a remake if they're going to change artistic aspects of it like Demon's Souls Remake. Plus, it wasn't FROM and Miyazaki's game and graphical advancement means nothing to me.

Mr.Phoenix

I came to agree with you, but after reading what you said about Demon's Souls, I have decided you are someone I cannot agree with. :messenger_face_steam:

Demon's Souls didn't lose anything... if anything it gained it. The issue with Demon's Souls is that it's a game in which probably over 80% of its sales went to people that hadn't just played the OG, but every other souls game since. It looks and plays great, but feels like you have been there before. like watching an old classic movie, that you still love, but in HD.

As for BB, my thing with it is that I feel it doesn't need a remake. Just needs a remaster. Make it 4K, 60fps, and call it a day.

Azurro

Banned

What? Seriously, what? A few models are changed because the source textures literally did not have enough details for a modern production but that doesn't mean it lost its atmosphere, you guys exaggerate.

DelireMan7

Just turn the brightness down
I put it at max and could see shit in the dark areas. I even had to up my TV brightness xD

The thing i hated the most in demons souls remake was how they changed the music, FUCK THAT, at least let me have the option to use the original ost
This ! Some new version are really good (Old King Allant for example). The new "Maiden in Black" is a nice song but the complete change of atmosphere from the original is baffling to me. The original is probably my favorite with Firelink Shrine theme in the whole franchise.

Demon's Souls Remake is pretty for sure. Better than the original ? On some areas yes, on some others no. While I was a defender of "don't touch the gameplay" before its release, after playing it I was "they should have the gameplay". And now that I have played REmake 2 & 3, I really think Remakes should really change thing up compare to original games (while being faithful to it, REmake 2 is a perfect example of that for me). But Resident Evil Remake is probably a counter example :)

I'll stop on Demon's Souls Remake or I'll enter into nitpick territory (why keep the inventory limit/storage box if you had a "send to box" option ?!). Overall it's an amazing game so it's fine.

On Bloodborne... A remaster would be fire. A Remake... Well I don't think it needs it.
That being said, I am fine with playing the original so i don't really care

Last edited:

NoobSmog

The thing i hated the most in demons souls remake was how they changed the music, FUCK THAT, at least let me have the option to use the original ost

A bloodborne remake just needs to be 60fps with no framepacing issues and option to turn off CA, ill buy 2 copies
This is the only thing I will agree is worse in the Demon's Souls remake. Most of the music is worse.

Everything else is fantastic though.

Wildebeest

It is easier to look good remaking a game that people have serious problems with, while with Bloodborne you even have people saying that the low framerate choppy gameplay is essential to the experience.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I want a sequel not a remake, but if they also put it on PC then I won’t mind that much.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Bluepoints do remake then I agree. Either FROM does the remake or just do simple patch for PS5.

MiguelItUp

Demon's Souls was a beautiful remake, so I don't agree there, personally.

If it was a remaster, it would be the same game, but it would perform better. People honestly just want a remaster/PC port, and that's it, lol.

kuncol02

Banned
What? Seriously, what? A few models are changed because the source textures literally did not have enough details for a modern production but that doesn't mean it lost its atmosphere, you guys exaggerate.
Few models? They replaced styles of whole buildings in background...

10000% Agree!

Bluepoint ruined what made Demon's Souls 2009 special: the atmosphere and music. Music in the remake is generic, with some "modern sensitivities" sprinkled in its character creation. It's a poor, sad excuse for a remake.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Few models? They replaced styles of whole buildings in background...

What do you propose? There was not enough detail in the source textures so they had to get a bit creative, but they captured the spirit very well. It's somber, dark and going through the levels is intimidating, just like in the original and looks really impressive to boot.

What you apparently want is just a remaster, just increase resolution and that's it. You would have better luck with an emulator, no remake would ever satisfy you.

kuncol02

Banned
What do you propose? There was not enough detail in the source textures so they had to get a bit creative, but they captured the spirit very well. It's somber, dark and going through the levels is intimidating, just like in the original and looks really impressive to boot.

What you apparently want is just a remaster, just increase resolution and that's it. You would have better luck with an emulator, no remake would ever satisfy you.
Do you understand what "architectual style of building changed" means? They replaced romanesque architecture with generic high fantasy buildings.

TrueLegend

It's the way it is done..... Proper volumetric fog will just be so gorgeous in any dark Souls or bloodborne game.... But it will also kill the framerate. Bloodborne like TLOU one with volumetric fog and Rtao will look stunning and I don't even like Bloodborne art style that much... the beauty of bloodborne is in gameplay just like any from soft game.

Last edited:

Fake

No, everybody doesn't want a Bloodborne remake. A PS5 patch for the game we all already own would be fine, thanks.

Indeed. Bloodborne is a great game and people here are mistaking perfomance issues with art direction.

The game just need a bump in internal resolution and 60 fps. No need to destroy the art direction of the game with unecessary graphics.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All Sony need to do is make the resolution 4K and unlock the framerate. Leave everything else alone. I dont need Bluepoint's cover band version of Bloodborne. They need to start making original games.
No. They don't. They aren't built for that. This is like asking a dentist to start doing open heart surgery. That is not their specialty. Bluepoint until demonstrates otherwise, is a port/remake studio.

I had hoped Bluepoint would have been given the opportunity to do the 6th Archstone for Demons Souls remake as DLC. Something that could have showcased what they can do, but it never came.

No. They don't. They aren't built for that. This is like asking a dentist to start doing open heart surgery. That is not their specialty. Bluepoint until demonstrates otherwise, is a port/remake studio.

I had hoped Bluepoint would have been given the opportunity to do the 6th Archstone for Demons Souls remake as DLC. Something that could have showcased what they can do, but it never came.
How would they demonstrate they’re ready to make original titles unless they try making an original title? It’s about time they took the training wheels off.

You're generic.

I Win Take That GIF by Film Riot

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How would they demonstrate they’re ready to make original titles unless they try making an original title? It’s about time they took the training wheels off.
Because there has been no indication that that they have the personnel to do that. Studios that specialize in porting/remaking dont have the same staff that those that make AAA games have.

digdug2

A remake is unwarranted IMO because the original's artstyle is fucking incredible and implemented so well. As stated by plenty of others, a resolution and framerate bump would pretty much do it. HDR implementation would really make everything pop too. I'm not a developer though, so I don't know how difficult HDR is to add after the fact.

digdug2

Because there has been no indication that that they have the personnel to do that. Studios that specialize in porting/remaking dont have the same staff that those that make AAA games have.
There's a pretty solid indicator that they have the personnel to do it. When Bluepoint was acquired by Sony back in 2021, they stated that their next project would be an original title and not a remake.

Top Bottom