• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

everybody wants a bloodborne remaster/remake but i dont think it would turn out as good as the original

cortadew

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake.
A remaster would bee more than enough: Make it 60fps and as high as the res will go, maybe improve some of the textures and some small quality of life improvements.

I agree Bluepoint would probably just make the art direction worse as they did with Demon Souls
I agree with everything but how is DeS remake worse in art direction than the og DeS?

I agree with everything but how is DeS remake worse in art direction than the og DeS?
Because people were going to say that no matter what. That was obvious before even seeing it.

Demon's Souls PS5 looks amazing and managed to stay very respectful to the source material. One of the best remakes ever made.

But, when another company remakes a beloved game, fans will say it doesn't look good. The truth is Demon's Souls looks 100x better than the original, which was one of the best games ever made, despite its graphics, not because of its graphics.

It’s probably hard for a remake to be faithful to the original when an entirely different developer or company is behind the game especially with a different artistic vision for the game.

I don't know man, did you skip all of Tower of Latria? That shit was pretty damn dark lol

If they did give it the DS "treatment" I think it'll be fine. In fact, I think it could be even more "dark" and eerie than the original with new lighting. Add to that, fingers crossed, solid frame pacing and 60fps... we might have a winner on our hands.

Last edited:

Fbh

Since it's art it's subjective, but I find many of the original designs to be more unique, while many of the designs in the remake just look like the sort of generic stuff you see in every other western warcraft inspired mobile game CG trailer
In some instances they also seem to have completely missed the point of the designs and just went with something that looks visually nice but doesn't fit with the themes, lore and environmental storytelling.

If you ever have the time here's a video that shows some of the changes and why they don't work:

With that said I still liked the remake and I think between the 60fps, fast loading and quality of life improvements it's still the best version of the game and the one I'd recommend new players to check out.

Last edited:

sachos

I don't want a Remake not because i don't trust Bluepoint but because i feel its a waste of resources, a 4K60 Remaster would be just fine. Use those resources for a sequel instead.

cortadew

Since it's art it's subjective, but I find many of the original designs to be more unique, while many of the designs in the remake just look like the sort of generic stuff you see in every other western warcraft inspired mobile game CG trailer
In some instances they also seem to have completely missed the point of the designs and just went with something that looks visually nice but doesn't fit with the themes, lore and environmental storytelling.

If you ever have the time here's a video that shows some of the changes and why they don't work:

With that said I still liked the remake and I think between the 60fps, fast loading and quality of life improvements it's still the best version of the game and the one I'd recommend new players to check out.

Yes I understand, I will watch the video.

I feel in this case I prefer the remake artistic design because Miyazaki was still trying to find his way when he made DeS so the concept that later became Dark Souls was not fleshed out, I played DeS (original) recently and some of the ideas, environments, enemies while good I think were much developed in the og Dark Souls.

cortadew

Most complaints about Demon's Souls remake art direction are basically nitpicking. The complaints about the voice acting and especially the music are legitimate though
Yes that's why I asked him directly, I have played both and I wasn't that impressed with DeS (original) it felt like an uglier dark souls and it is quite obvious why, it was the first game Miyazaki directed, it was exclusive to a very complex console (ps3).

I believe it's not the same as it is with Dark souls remastered and the original which there is a clear difference between the two and remastered was a very nasty downgrade (visually speaking) in most areas.

A remake for BB is way too early for a 2015 game
I have bad news for you. You've entered the same timeline that this happened:

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently from what I can tell, whatever timeline you came from it sounds like this team used their resources on something new instead, which sounds great. You should find a way back and take me with you.

SSfox

I have bad news for you. You've entered the same timeline that this happened:

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently from what I can tell, whatever timeline you came from it sounds like this team used their resources on something new instead, which sounds great. You should find a way back and take me with you.
And what's your point? TLOU remake was definitively y not necessary also
vkxBTYt.jpg

And what's your point? TLOU remake was definitively y not necessary also
vkxBTYt.jpg
I’m saying that TLOU remake and it’s success opened Pandora’s box and now it’s too late to close it. 2015 is not too soon at all for a remake or remaster. Not anymore.

SSfox

I’m saying that TLOU remake and it’s success opened Pandora’s box and now it’s too late to close it. 2015 is not too soon at all for a remake or remaster. Not anymore.
It's sold OK nothing crazy, much less than RE2 or RE4 where both deserve a remake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom