• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Dead: The Game - Official Kandarian Demon Gameplay Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join star Bruce Campbell for a breakdown of what to expect when playing as a Kandarian Demon in Evil Dead: The Game. The new Evil Dead game trailer gives insight into the power of possession ability and more.

In Evil Dead: The Game, work as a team of four survivors, including Ash Williams, Kelly Maxwell, Pablo Simon Bolivar, Scotty, Lord Arthur, and more, to kick Deadite butt and banish the vile Kandarian Demon. Alternately, you can take on the role of the Demon and use the power of possession to stop the good guys and swallow their souls in this co-op PvP and PvE multiplayer action game.

The Evil Dead: The Game release date is May 13, 2022 on PC via the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game will also be released on Nintendo Switch at a later date.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Maximize your frame rates in Evil Dead: The Game on PC with NVIDIA DLSS - Available May 13, 2022.

Step into the shoes of Ash Williams or his friends from the iconic Evil Dead franchise and work together in a game loaded with over-the-top co-op and PVP multiplayer action!

Luipadre

Now that people actually know how to play its pretty good minus the lag/rubberband issues. If they fix the lag and the janky/laggy animations, this will be cool. Atmosphere and graphics are pretty great altho really blurry. The jumpscares are bad tho i hate them :D

Confirmed: Drm, always online, even if u play single missions or mp with bots.
Shame. I love Evil Dead, but i will NEVER support always online games.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I thought its official kardashian demon.
Would be more interesting

Calverz

Played some this morning. It’s actually pretty cool. I really like the single player missions. If you like evil dead franchise you will love it.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Confirmed: Drm, always online, even if u play single missions or mp with bots.
Shame. I love Evil Dead, but i will NEVER support always online games.
As much of a shame that is, I can't say it's too surprising with a game that has a primary focus on online asymmetrical multiplayer. Well, and character abilities you can upgrade, etc. You can play with bots, yeah, but they definitely want you to play with other players.

Game is awesome, especially if you're an ED fan.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game looks quite good, with a good mix of melee and gunplay. Grabbing it on console though. EGS exclusivity is dumb but I believe this was also done with World War Z.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
how are there no previews or reviews?!

There's a pretty decent preview on Game Informer, but I imagine it'll take a week or so (if ever) for reviews to show up. This is definitely going to be a "player driven" quality check for a minute.

Twitch streams though make it seem like the game is really solid with minor lulls in the action and a pretty good gameplay loop.

Played for maybe four hours today. Time flew by. Game is pretty fun, even if you are stuck with trash teammates. Its not as forgiving as DbD. It’s more like Evolve, if your team sucks then you’re pretty screwed.

bender

What time is it?
Tried getting a review. Filled out the form and everything, it seems they're slow on this one with everyone.

Seems like a mistake but maybe an outlier. I wasn't going to take the plunge without reviews as I thought their WWZ game while fun, lacked any sort of lasting appeal with me. Now that I've missed out on the pre-order costumes, I'll just wait for a deep discount should it review well and get good word-of-mouth.

Wohc

Banned
Game looks very fun, but i think one map is not enough. They should at least have added some medieval Army of Darkness map.

Reizo Ryuu

Game looks very fun, but i think one map is not enough. They should at least have added some medieval Army of Darkness map.
The map is pretty big, especially considering the two movies took place in/around the same cabin; castle kandar map is planned as a free update, locations from ash vs are probably coming after that.

Army of Darkness map is coming. These are huge maps, the game also uses various day settings and other things to give the map unique looks, and one match to another the layout of objectives will easily have you not seeing parts of maps or feeling pretty different with how wide spread things are done. This area is where the dark ones are in a dusk setting? Or now you got the dagger in this cave area at night? The game actually does decent job of making the one big map feel like it's quite varied for different plays

Top Bottom