• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Dead: The Game - Official Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get ready to team up with Ash Williams and his crew in the fight against the Kandarian demon in Evil Dead: The Game, available now on PC via the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Watch the bloody launch trailer to see deadites and more from this co-op PvP and PvE multiplayer action game.

The game will also be released at a later date on Nintendo Switch.

The game is very fun as survivors. Dead by Daylight is my most played game ever, idk if this will replace it, but it does offer way more variety as survivor than DbD does, all while not being a buggy boring mess like Friday the 13th was.

I haven’t played as the Demon yet, mostly because it seems pretty difficult, even though I am a killer main in DbD. The controls while you are flying around in spirit form as Demon just don’t seem to be any good. I will try later on though.

Don’t buy the game for the SP content, it’s just a collection of short missions to unlock characters and cosmetics for the multiplayer.

Watched a stream of this for like an hour yesterday and it looked janky as fuck. Reminded me of that Resident Evil MP game that was indefinitely delayed.

Reizo Ryuu

Watched a stream of this for like an hour yesterday and it looked janky as fuck. Reminded me of that Resident Evil MP game that was indefinitely delayed.
A better comparison would be the RE MP game that was never delayed: RE resistance since it's 4v1, not deathmatch.

I really, really wanna try this but...40 bucks for a MP only game that could potentially die in 2 weeks time (wouldn't be the first time for a game of this type)...I just don't know, wish there was a demo for it.
Is the melee fun ? (Hit reactions/feeling/controller vibration etc), are the controls good ? Can you find a lobby easily?

Last edited:
I really, really wanna try this but...40 bucks for a MP only game that could potentially die in 2 weeks time (wouldn't be the first time for a game of this type)...I just don't know, wish there was a demo for it.
Is the melee fun ? (Hit reactions/feeling/controller vibration etc), are the controls good ? Can you find a lobby easily?

Survivors with crossplay on get into matches almost instantly. If you want to play as a demon, then you have a bit of a wait, so far it's been average 2-3 min wait for a match in my testings to play the demon side.

Combat is fluid enough, melee is very simple hitting things and every once in a while dodging when needed. Different weapons have finishers, once you deal enough damage with a weapon you can trigger a execution like animation which deals big damage and looks cool. That is the jank part though in my opinion when you got a bit swirling melee, and like multiple players attacking same target, one can initiate the execution move which locks the other player out of hitting anymore cause it puts them in an unstoppable kill animation. Looks cool and cinematic but in big congested close brawls with many players it can get a little messy. Though it's lot of fun

Survivors with crossplay on get into matches almost instantly. If you want to play as a demon, then you have a bit of a wait, so far it's been average 2-3 min wait for a match in my testings to play the demon side.

Combat is fluid enough, melee is very simple hitting things and every once in a while dodging when needed. Different weapons have finishers, once you deal enough damage with a weapon you can trigger a execution like animation which deals big damage and looks cool. That is the jank part though in my opinion when you got a bit swirling melee, and like multiple players attacking same target, one can initiate the execution move which locks the other player out of hitting anymore cause it puts them in an unstoppable kill animation. Looks cool and cinematic but in big congested close brawls with many players it can get a little messy. Though it's lot of fun
Thanks friend for the thorough reply.
OK, so, there's 2 editions, is the deluxe one worth it for the skins etc ?
Cheers

little bit of jank here and there but please dont even compare this to that game. This is much more polished and way more fun
Sorry man, I saw Ash and a bunch of Army of Darkness skeletons just mashing the attack button at each other and it just reminded me of seeing Nemesis and Jack Baker doing the same. The other aspects of the game seem interesting, though. I think it's just the combat that looks especially jank

Either way, I'm glad you're having fun - that's what matters.
A better comparison would be the RE MP game that was never delayed: RE resistance since it's 4v1, not deathmatch.
I honestly thought they were one and the same lmao. Those RE MP games are quite forgettable, to say the least.

Kev Kev

cc5f1f7c2fa1b0d04073a21742595606--web-series-tv-quotes.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the release of Saber Interactive’s Evil Dead: The Game later this month, and the release of Sam Raimi's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness in theatres, now seems like the perfect opportunity for our very own Josh Lloyd talk about a franchise very near and dear to his heart.

For IGF, its Josh Lloyd's Complete (and groovy) History of Evil Dead in Video Games (1984 - 2022).

Last edited:

wipeout364

I got a message last night that the servers were overwhelmed so I don’t think the game is dead. Enjoyed what I played.

Only one complaint so far from the 5 or 6 matches I have played as survivor. I wish they gave you the option to quit without penalty after you are killed and your team has made it clear they are not coming back for you. Should be a 2 minute timer or something where you can leave and keep your XP if nobody comes for your soul and they just drive away.

Things needed.

1.) Push to Talk
2.) When you are dead, let us watch the other players or something at all. Just sitting at your corpse for the entire match is super super boring and stupid, if I'm gonna stick around at least let me spectate in some manner.
3.) Faster advancement , dunno if it's just me but it feels like it takes forever to level up these characters.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Things needed.

1.) Push to Talk
2.) When you are dead, let us watch the other players or something at all. Just sitting at your corpse for the entire match is super super boring and stupid, if I'm gonna stick around at least let me spectate in some manner.
3.) Faster advancement , dunno if it's just me but it feels like it takes forever to level up these characters.

You can follow other players when dead. Just tap left/right on the d-pad to toggle between other players on your team.

You can follow other players when dead. Just tap left/right on the d-pad to toggle between other players on your team.

Im on PC, not sure what buttons this would be then, been tapping like everything and there is no onscreen prompts of what to press.

Luipadre

Things needed.

1.) Push to Talk

Are you using the spirit points to level up the characters too?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Evil Dead: The Game's online multiplayer puts Ash Williams and other Survivors against classic Evil Dead demons. We've. These Evil Dead game tips will have you Klaatu Barada Nikto-ing those gnarly deadites or troublesome humans in no time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Army of Darkness update is out now for Evil Dead: The Game on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One!

Enter the free Castle Kandar map, the setting of the classic Army of Darkness.

Check out the new Exploration mode, new weapons, and new premium outfits.

Calverz

Played this last night. New map is welcome. No motion blur options on console though. Pc only annoyingly.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Let it rain blood! The Evil Dead 2013 Update is now live for Evil Dead: The Game.
Play as Mia and David from Evil Dead 2013, a new single-player mission, and more!

Available now, the Evil Dead 2013 Bundle DLC introduces new Survivor characters from the hit film: Mia and David Allen. The update also includes a free new single-player side mission and two new weapons that Survivors can use to help fight evil – the Nail Gun and the Syringe.

A Machete weapon master able to become temporarily immune to possession, Mia’s unique power raises her damage as her fear increases – the more scared she is, the more damage she’ll deal. David, meanwhile, is a beacon of hope for the team, able to reduce fear and damage taken for himself and nearby allies as he dishes out the hurt. The DLC also includes an alternate Mia outfit and Mia ‘screamer’ image skin. The Evil Dead 2013 Bundle is free for Season Pass 1 owners and available to purchase standalone for $9.99.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game of the Year Edition of Evil Dead: The Game is out now on PS5 and PS4, featuring content from six premium DLC packs & more!

Play as new Survivor Brock Williams, the new Schemer Demon featuring Baal, and suit up in new outfits for Ash & friends.

Top Bottom