• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil West review topic

anthony2690

Banned
Yeah, the game is polished (except for this bug) fun, long enough and full of content and performance are great at least on pc.

Too bad people believe shitty reviewers who compare this game to sony cinematic games because you have some cutscenes and like 2-3 "slow" moments in like 16 levels...
I was a little confused by the slow moments comment in reviews, you can literally go speak to who it tells you to speak too and start the level.

I walked round and picked up the lore items and cash in Calico and other locations though :)

The resolution is a little lower than I'd like on series X for the 60fps mode, but I had a great time with the game.

It was fun and satisfying to playthrough and some off the encounters were quite challenging, I didn't feel like it took me out the action for too long ever.

For the £37 I paid, I was happy with that and felt the game was worth it 💪

Hopefully it does well.

I will probably wait before buying their future titles instantly though, as losing a save file blows.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Luckily I was done and dusted with ME1 and 2. So technically I've lost like 2-3 hours of ME3. But is still hurts. It was my commander Shepard and now she's gone.
That's what I was thinking, as you would've had that character through all 3 games, was this Legendary edition?

I recently replayed them when it came out and it further cemented my view that mass effect 2 is one of the best games ever made, it holds up so well.

(Just my opinion, but 1 & 3 just don't come close)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That's what I was thinking, as you would've had that character through all 3 games, was this Legendary edition?

I recently replayed them when it came out and it further cemented my view that mass effect 2 is one of the best games ever made, it holds up so well.

(Just my opinion, but 1 & 3 just don't come close)

My opinion is that ME1 is GOAT. After my ME3 save fiasco I've purchased the original version of ME1 and I'm 12 hours deep in yet another playthrough.

Better story, better world-building, better villain, better sense of wonder and discovery, better atmosphere, better RPG mechanics. For ME2 they took the worst aspect of ME1 (combat), improved it only slightly and build an entire game around it. Not for me, but it's still a super solid game.

anthony2690

Banned
My opinion is that ME1 is GOAT. After my ME3 save fiasco I've purchased the original version of ME1 and I'm 12 hours deep in yet another playthrough.

Better story, better world-building, better villain, better sense of wonder and discovery, better atmosphere, better RPG mechanics. For ME2 they took the worst aspect of ME1 (combat), improved it only slightly and build an entire game around it. Not for me, but it's still a super solid game.
Maybe it's because I never played me1 till me legendary edition that my opinion is different.

I found myself super frustrated with the mako? Too haha

Me2 was my first.

I do think the game series should've ended after the suicide mission though, I don't think it is a moment that could be topped, especially as I didn't care for the new companions in 3

Hot5pur

Still keeping an eye on this. Will probably grab this and Steelrising when they are on a deep sale. Lots of different decent AA games came out this year (Thymesia, Valkyrie Elysium, Steelrising, Evil West, Soulstice, others I'm probably forgetting...)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the GAF consensus ?

Performance mode at low resolution or Quality mode at higher ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit this game has probably the fuzziest 1080p mode I've played in a long while.

Yes, it's 1080p ... but 1080p w/ TAA and the right amount of sharpening looks fairly good.

This game looks like my eyes have a layer of vaseline applied on them.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I started it a few days ago. I like it a lot. The combat is super fun. If you just want an old school game built around combat with minor upgrade elements, this is for you.

A couple things though. Early on in the game I found myself tuning out the story, it wasn't compelling and I was just distracted, and I missed too much to even know what's going on anymore so I just started skipping the cutscenes and not care about the story at all.

The enemy variety isn't vast. You fight a lot of the same monsters over and over.

Anyone know if the upgrade from the PS4 to the PS5 version is free. My wife got me the PS4 version because she saw the upgrade available sticker and they didn’t have the PS5 version at Wally. I won’t be home from work till 4am to try it and I can’t really find an answer.

Thanks

Top Bottom