• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Insomniac dev throws his bosses under the bus over Rivet's design being too feminine.

MaulerX

People are starting to take this way to far. It's kinda scary actually.

He has no problem and actually brags about making her more masculine than Ratchet. Making her jacked and giving her more muscles and all. But heaven forbid someone wanted to make her look more feminine...

SMH

Shmunter

I can also imagine how furious that person becomes when they see a typical Japanese game with oversexualized characters.
It’s all virtue signalling. I doubt he gets furious - he’d have to literally be retarded., he was kinking on the character himself in a prior tweet even. It’s all just performative, as usual.

it’s just a machine that feeds itself.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
People are starting to take this way to far. It's kinda scary actually.

He has no problem and actually brags about making her more masculine than Ratchet. Making her jacked and giving her more muscles and all. But heaven forbid someone wanted to make her look more feminine...

SMH

I think this soy wanker needs to come out of the closet if he wants to change women into men so badly.

A user over at the other place who is a pretty rational and intelligent user got banned for 3 whole months for posting this.......

WenSx1w.png

Reasoning being "Dismissing Concerns Around Bigotry". Absolute BS modding over there. Looking at their posts this absolutely was not the case.
Don't bother offering a different opinion than everyone else on a FORUM. smh :messenger_unamused:

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
A user over at the other place who is a pretty rational and intelligent user got banned for 3 whole months for posting this.......

WenSx1w.png

Reasoning being "Dismissing Concerns Around Bigotry". Absolute BS modding over there. Looking at their posts this absolutely was not the case.
Don't bother offering a different opinion than everyone else on a FORUM. smh :messenger_unamused:

He was probably banned by this orange soy dude himself.

The ban messages at that insane asylum always crack me up. It's always some crazy buzzword collection obviously written by someone very dumb.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

WenSx1w.png

Scandalous that. Getting banned for being polite, bringing nuance and shades of grey to the discussion to make it more interesting and nuanced. Basically a ban there means 'asking sensible questions that if answered honestly show that actually my arguments have holes in them'

Aenima

Videogames going mainstream was a mistake. We have this male white knight snowflakes telling everyone how a female character should look like. Meanwhile real woman is sexualizing themselves all over social media for likes and followers.

Last edited:

Interfectum

WenSx1w.png

There's no room for discussion or dissent on Era. If you aren't saying "fuck Insomniac" then don't bother posting.

Airbus Jr

Banned
So from now on i guess Era gona ban any Insomniac game disscusion? No Spiderman? Rachet? Resistance? Sunset Overdrive?

Just like Cyberpunk 2077?

Ok

Last edited:
The ex-employee was a dude, that transitioned to female, and prefers the They/Them adjectives. Something tells me there may not be much truth to what they are saying and maybe the women should speak up instead of this soapbox toting attention seeking twat. Their twitter even talks about how they wanted to commit suicide, so I fail to see how anything out of their mouth is legitimate and they should seek counseling.

Amory

I wish far left assholes would take a step back and realize that they're actually the bad guy in situations like this.

Ironically it's one of the woke crowd's favorite hobbies to go back and deconstruct every little thing in culture and come to the conclusion that the hero has really been the villain the whole time. Yet they don't recognize that they're insufferable little pricks about things that just aren't that big of a fucking deal.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Anyone posting on that shit website lack self respect.
People on era are nothing but adicts or social reject

I guarantee you will never want to met these people in person

They can only gain power on that godforsaken dirty cespoll basically of all kind of humanoid entrails gathered baked into one unity and mixed with soy thats the air they regularly exhale on that place

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
There's no room for discussion or dissent on Era. If you aren't saying "fuck Insomniac" then don't bother posting.
What's bizarre is how they have quickly forgotten how woke and progressive insomniac has been lately. I always bring up this super in your face scene from Miles where Miles who happens to be half black and half hispanic goes to this Christmas festival in Harlem with his Asian best friend where he meets a lesbian couple doing the salsa dance then meets a deaf and mute black love interest, and finally attends a democrat rally. I mean maybe thats what Harlem is like nowadays but you cant say that this particular studio doesnt go out of its way to have female representation in their games.

Saaleh

Banned
He did. Or his suggested version did. As far as we know anyway (he could have suggested a even less feminine version).
Doubt he won anything. If he won we would of got this:
yeah, he was bragging way back about how he made her more "beefy" than Rachet on purpose, I posted about it in the OT but nobody noticed.

All he did was waste time and energy, instead of helping those who are in charge of designing the game, he wanted to take charge of their vision of the game. It is not his job to take these decisions. He was working for them not the other way around. Now that he is out, he is just boosting his [ego/image] and so to achieve that he decided to make insomniac's leadership a Sacrificial lamb, why? because they didn't obey his weird dramatic demands.. Man, I would hate working with someone like that. In my last job i was treated as a slave, maybe he need a taste of that to appreciate what he threw away [over a silly thing].

Last edited:

Outrunner

He failed to explain how his noble act made anything better to women.

He also probably doesn't know that none of this stopped furries from rubbin their willies thinking about Rivet.

Fbh

WenSx1w.png

The most ridiculous part of that ban is that it was for "dismissing concerns around bigotry and representation". What part of this whole thing is in any form related to bigotry or misrepresentation?
These people love to throw around their buzzwords so much they've lost all meaning.

"Oh that guy is a fucking bigot"
"Oh wow really? Didn't know. What did he do?"
"He wanted to give female features to this fictional humanoid furry alien"
13569047.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Doubt he won anything. If he won we would of got this:

All he did was waste time and energy, instead of helping those who are in charge of designing the game, he wanted take charge of their vision of the game. It is not his job to take these decisions. He was working for them not the other way around. Now that he is out, he is just boosting his ego and so to achieve that he decided to make insomniac's leadership a Sacrificial lamb, why? because they didn't obey his weird dramatic demands.. Man, I would hate working with someone like that. In my last job i was treated as a slave, maybe he need a taste of that to appreciate what he threw away [over a silly thing].

And here I thought freelance graphic artists under a contract stint had ultimate control of game design. /S

He's also out of a job since he left R&C. So he' trying to virtue signal and brownie point his way to a new job.

And if there's one thing about his Twitter (if you skim it), he has no issue using Twitter as a job vehicle. He even bragged to everyone stating how much money he's made working at company showing every place he gets a pay raise and encouraging others to make good money. He even had some tweet there about graphic designer industry salaries or something.

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member

WenSx1w.png

Holy shit that place is a complete joke.

longdi

Banned

WenSx1w.png

i read through nib95 posts about this matter, does not deserves a ban imo. 🤷‍♀️

i wish ted price will come out and lay down the truth. what a drama mama.

Salz01

WenSx1w.png

That place is full of shit. Full circle jerking. That poster is pretty good over. Can’t believe they got banned. Hope they come and stay here.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Pronouns in bio.

100% cunt.
These people put so much emphasis in pronouns but I have seen them misgender women all the time. In the era Activision harassment thread, I saw multiple people refer to the woman who committed suicide as THEY. Even though the complaint clearly refers to her as female and uses the pronoun 'her' to describe her.

E63qZhyUYAIVN4C.jpg

This was literally about a woman's vagina, and these so called woke people misgender a dead woman on purpose to win some points. She is a SHE. She was harrassed because she was a SHE. Because she had a vagina. She is NOT a THEY.

What a bunch of cunts.

Airbus Jr

Banned
These people put so much emphasis in pronouns but I have seen them misgender women all the time. In the era Activision harassment thread, I saw multiple people refer to the woman who committed suicide as THEY. Even though the complaint clearly refers to her as female and uses the pronoun 'her' to describe her.

E63qZhyUYAIVN4C.jpg

This was literally about a woman's vagina, and these so called woke people misgender a dead woman on purpose to win some points. She is a SHE. She was harrassed because she was a SHE. Because she had a vagina. She is NOT a THEY.

What a bunch of cunts.
These people did it on purpose? ( about how they refuse to adress her as she)

What a nasty scumbag i really hate these cretin beta soyboy

Last edited:
Top Bottom