• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal New Gameplay Revealed | Closed Beta Announced

Fbh

As one of the 5 people that doesn't mind Capcom making a dinosaur themed game that isn't Dino Crisis. I'd be into this if it was just a fun coop shooter, sort of like a higher budget EDF with a nice progression system.

But the competitive aspect really ruins it for me

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Thought this was EARTH DINO-DEFENSE FORCE. . .and then they through battle royale into it. Blargh. "Dino horde mode" sounds like a great game and maybe they'll have one if enough people groan.

CamHostage

It's hard enough trying to sell people a SyFy Original Movie dinosaur EDF clone that isn't Dino Crisis, but Capcom sure has it harder on themselves when their game footage just turns to soup in the Youtube video codec...

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
The shot with the crashing airplane with dinosaurs all over it looks particularly crazy. I'm down for this when it comes out.

MiguelItUp

This game does absolutely nothing for me, unfortunately. It just kind of looks and feels like EDF with Dinosaurs. Just different characters/heroes with different abilities, etc. I felt bad for Dino Crisis fans thinking this was somewhat related when it was first announced. :(

Kssio_Aug

I didn't like that it's 2 teams competing to win the most points. Since it's basically a PvE game I think this two teams recquirement is pretty silly, and might just undermine the game longevity.

Specially these days when you have so many other multiplayer games competing for the same space, I don't know if there's gonna have a strong player base for this one.

The gameplay looks fun though. And since it's a Capcom game I'm confident it will play fine.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I kinda dig this, but I need to know what's the hook of this game. Is there a story? Is it a looter game? Is it an ARPG? Game reminded me of Lost Planet 1/2 but with less cooler looking enemies. I wish they would bring back the Lost Planet series, had a lot of fun playing those games, especially 2.

CosmicComet

Are these super dinos?

How am I supposed to believe normal flesh and blood creatures like dinosaurs are so supposed to be a match for these battle suits which seem at least as powerful and durable as modern tanks?

At least with EDF they were giant aliens. Killing a 9 ton t.rex shouldn't require much more fire power than killing a 9 ton elephant.

WitchHunter

Banned
never quite understood these games where

story is borderline idiotic
you could nuke 100 million monsters with one uppercut or with 15 moves performed faster than plushenko does his triple rittberger
and everything moves without physics

saintjules

Missed the first round of the beta since I was away for the weekend. In the email it states they are doing two more in the closed network test on July 25th and August 7th.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hello, Exofighters!

Good news, your exemplary on-the-job performance has earned you the right to continued existence. You have been hand-chosen by Leviathan for a brand-new combat test, and will be deployed shortly.

Prepare yourself for combat against Raptors, an Anklyosaurus, and more. Work with your squadmates to complete objectives, and stick together to engage with the opposing squad. Remember, unlike "Aibius", there is no "I" in "team".

As a valued member of Aibius, your survival is imperative. Leviathan would not want to lose their favorite test subjects.
Interdimensional travel will now begin.

Top Bottom