• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal Release Date Trailer Revealed - Coming Day one on Xbox Pass

So, it's Suicide Squad: Kill the Jurassic Period? All this fucking trend chasing is going to blow up in a lot developer's faces.

Last edited:
MIBezcZ.png

Capcom has announced that its third-person dinosaur shooter Exoprimal will launch this summer on Xbox Game Pass.

The game will hit PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Steam on July 14, 2023.

Japanese trailers are so wierd with their track that played in the background that has nothing to do with the music of the game.

Keihart

Really wanted to buy and support this for Capcom to do more new IPs and return to old ones instead of relying on RE/MH/SF but ANOTHER Battle Pass game AND I gotta pay for the game? I'm good.
this, motherfuckers at capcom didn't even wait for the game to get a player base even. Day 0 launching with a "season pass" that is actually a battle pass and charging full price?
Who the fuck is gonna buy that? they cant even sell multiplayer games with the RE game tacked on them and they expect this to catch fire, dellusional.

Nobody ever said Sony is paying to block every single game being from gamepass. Console warriors are ruining this forum. Just farting and shitting in every single even tangentially related to MS or Sony. It’s pathetic.

They insinuated that, or something analogous to it, in some of the released statements from court proceedings related to the deal. Then the usual outlets, who TBF could have sensationalized that, running with it and pushing the idea that Sony were in fact paying to block every game from Game Pass.

The sane among us were always saying the only games kept from Game Pass are ones Sony have marketing rights to, in what should be seen as common sense, but that hasn't stopped actual console warriors here and on social media insisting it's beyond that scope.

So if I'm being annoying and cheeky with bringing it up, that's the point.

Bro this is just getting sad. You're a smart guy, seriously. You make really interesting threads and are a good dude. You're better than this childish console warring shit, you really are. Maybe chill out on the Xbox hate a little and just let people be happy about a service that suits their needs.

For what it's worth, I don't think this game looks good at all, and it is most certainly a pass for me. That being said, I'm glad it's coming to Gamepass so those who might dig it can jump in and give it a shot. Good get all things said, and ultimately every one wins.

I'm not saying MS are in the wrong for getting the game for the service. It's a smart business decision, and of course subscribers will benefit it.

But, MS themselves, or better yet journalists & influencers tied closely to them, took the talking point of Sony paying to block games from Game Pass to a ludicrous level, and now a lot of people genuinely believe that is the case. So it's just interesting to me, to see where those same types are at when stuff like Exo Primal gets announced for Game Pass. Kind of contradicts their big talking point.

And it's not as big an issue but then people assuming GP is the reason Exo Primal even exists is just crazy. Use that for games like Replaced or The Ascent, games where that's actually a documented instance, not a sudden announcement like Exo Primal. I've got no problem with people being satisfied with GP or enjoying the perks, I just dislike some of the outright false talking points around it which have really proliferated during this acquisition.

Have fun with the game; I genuinely mean that 👍

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They insinuated that, or something analogous to it, in some of the released statements from court proceedings related to the deal. Then the usual outlets, who TBF could have sensationalized that, running with it and pushing the idea that Sony were in fact paying to block every game from Game Pass.

The sane among us were always saying the only games kept from Game Pass are ones Sony have marketing rights to, in what should be seen as common sense, but that hasn't stopped actual console warriors here and on social media insisting it's beyond that scope.

So if I'm being annoying and cheeky with bringing it up, that's the point.

Well if your goal was to be annoying and derail the topic that includes none of the random people you’re addressing, then well done. Why you felt the need to do that, who the fuck knows.

Well if your goal was to be annoying and derail the topic that includes none of the random people you’re addressing, then well done. Why you felt the need to do that, who the fuck knows.

I won't be doing it anymore ITT. Again it was just an observation I had to speak on.

Anyway, definitely enjoy the game when it drops, hopefully it satisfies what you're looking for.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Smart move putting it on Game Pass.

Getting four friends together that all have to own the game, versus getting four friends together that have Game Pass. Game Pass kinda makes it easier to play these types of games with friends.

Sygma

Saw maximilian dood lose his shit in a good way when playing this, mostly because the pvp is just beyond hilarious. Its gonna be Gank with the dinos : japan edition, huge potential to be entertaining

At least it will be better than Redfall

Kacho

Gold Member
No idea, I was talking about the trailer.
I know. My apologies, I thought you knew info about the recent closed beta test. Like if the game has a soundtrack more like Lost Planet or PSO2, then I can see why it wouldn't fit the trailer, but if the game itself has music like the trailer then it might fit more than we think.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Exoprimal is just a online/team-based wave shooter huh?

I think I've seen every announcement for the game and I still have no idea what it is.

YukiOnna

Exoprimal is just a online/team-based wave shooter huh?

I think I've seen every announcement for the game and I still have no idea what it is.
It's an objective based PvEvP team shooter. The Dino Survival mode has two 5v5's do objectives and aim is to complete the match mission before your opponent. It supposedly changes up every match so no match is really the same, sometimes it involves you fighting against the other squad during it, other times working with them against a major Dino. Also, the more you play, the more story you unlock and get rewards and EXP to level exosuits. The Battle Pass is seemingly just cosmetic stuff, but I guess we'll see next weekend. It reminds me of Lost Planet + EDF.

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's an objective based PvEvP team shooter. The Dino Survival mode has two 5v5's do objectives and aim is to complete the match mission before your opponent. It supposedly changes up every match so no match is really the same, sometimes it involves you fighting against the other squad during it, other times working with them against a major Dino. Also, the more you play, the more story you unlock and get rewards and EXP to level exosuits. The Battle Pass is seemingly just cosmetic stuff, but I guess we'll see next weekend. It reminds me of Lost Planet + EDF.

Much appreciated.

Pallas

Hey, just pointing out a truth. You've inspired me 😁👍

Just bringing up a somewhat relevant observation. Since "that deal" is seemingly a main discussion among many, I think stuff like this is interesting because it makes certain talking points look rather false.

I mean, have fun for others looking forward to it. It hasn't impressed me the way SF6 and RE4 Remake have, but I'm not big into GaaS shooters anyway.
Like, you should totally create a new thread and tell us all about it but can we please just talk about this game?

Bridges

Did they release this?
It's not out until July but there was an Open Beta a couple weekends ago. I didn't participate but I heard good things.

Any word on if this will be crossplay? I'm excited for it but not sure if I'll be able to rope four others into it if we all have to be on the same device.

Top Bottom