• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal will release July 14th 2023

begotten

Exoprimal takes place in the year 2040, when a sudden outbreak of dinosaurs has engulfed the globe in a crisis that threatens humanity’s very existence. In response to the outbreak, players will take the role of exofighters and fight the dinosaurs in Aibius exo-suits. The player takes the exofighter aptitude test and joins the ranks of Aibius’s heroic pilots in their fight to stave off the extinction of the human race.

The producer of the Dino Crises series, Hiroyuki Kobayashi is credited as the producer of exoprimal, but it's been confirmed that it’s not related to the Dino Crisis series.

Exoprimal will release July 14, 2023, on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a day one Gamepass game?

Never heard of that, maybe you're misremembering John, unless of course MS pulls a last minute move like they did with Outriders...

Anyway, if this doesn't release as a complete clusterfuck (i.e : borked servers , low player count, low on content, wrong price/MSRP etc like say, Anthem) I think that just by word of mouth and goodwill since this is Capcom were talking about (Mohun) it'll probably manage to do okay-ish especially in Japan, plus, this is a smaller project for them and have probably low-ish expectations in place already, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Naked Lunch

If they are going to abandon Lost Planet - this looks like the closest we are going to get out of Capcom.
Looks right in the Lost Planet 2 wheelhouse.
Im optimistic about it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I'm fine with how this looks. I didn't think the PVP gameplay video they showed awhile back looked too terrible (I'm not sure how it plays in practice); would definitely much rather it be co-op mecha dino-shooter, but the PVP looked mostly PVE until the end anyway, and still a healthy dose of PVPVE unless you were falling behind and needed to do more P than E.

With a BETA there's an easy way to figure out if this is going to be for you.

Barakov

Gold Member
xAxF2LH.png

That's one way to kill interest in your dinosaurs raining down from the sky game. I check out the beta but this kills a lot of my hype.

Disappointed in this one alittle after seeing that new trailer. I don't understand why they couldn't just put some Dino Crisis characters in it? It probably would sell better.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This, so much. After Anthem's failure (which I didn't try either) people should be extra vigilant.

So every game were not looking forward to gets compared to ANTHEM? The two have nothing in common beyond robots you control. Why not compare it to BattleTech or ArmoredCore - has about as much in common as anything else.

nbkicker

Not intrested at all in online multiplayer or coop games, if this had been single player game would have been intrested as it stands a hard pass

John Bilbo

Keihart

i was interested in the game but its releasing at full price with a season pass that's more like a battle pass....
Way to send it to die Capcom, chill a little, at least give the game a chance to build a player base.

Last edited:
Who the was the dumb fuck that greenlighted a game here you have Ubber high tech exo armor to figh fucking dinossaours?

What a wasted potential...This shit just looks like one of the hundreds kids games we have already....

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
It just seems weird to me that they sell it full price, and also will sell a 'Survival Pass' (AKA Battle Pass).

Just make it free to play if you're going to try to monetize the fuck out of it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The PVP aspect still kills my interest in this.
Same. I played the beta and it was fine but I feel like the PvP aspect will ruin the game, much like REsistance.

I'm by no means a PvP expert but Capcom seems bad with balancing and then when it's exploited, the game just feels broken.

Capcom changed it from the beta, you can choose PvE or PvP, no mandatory PvPvE it seems.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Game is live using NZ trick on Xbox.

Game is on Game Pass as well.
Guess I'll try it tonight.

Same. I played the beta and it was fine but I feel like the PvP aspect will ruin the game, much like REsistance.

I'm by no means a PvP expert but Capcom seems bad with balancing and then when it's exploited, the game just feels broken.
I believe you can play it focused on just PvE.

Top Bottom