• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explosive Barrels.

OrionNebula

Exploding barrels are fun. That's why they are in games.

Did we really need a 20 minute video for that?

Well, some people In here might not know that explosive barrels are fun in games and need a 20 minutes proof they are

I had no idea myself. All those explosive barrels-less years, man... I can’t get them back, now... but that video helps me get closure at least

TacosNSalsa

I've hated them in just about every game they are in , Devs , recently at least, like to litter them every where .EVERY.WHERE. Playing the Division 2 now and in a post pandemic world, where humanity is rebuilding, you'd think combustible liquids/gases would be pretty damn valuable, right? Nope , they are all over the battle arenas or whatever ,in the open like Wile E. f*cking Coyote designed it . Its comical and obnoxious at the same time

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Man, I guess I haven’t played any shooters for a very long time. For me It’s been long while to see red barrels in games.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Ahoy is a great content creator and has been for quite some time. He doesn't upload frequently so every time there's a new video out it's a great time. Shitpost elsewhere.
Oh, sorry I didn't think this needed enough time to fill a 30 minute TV timeslot if you added commercials. I guess obvious stuff needs to be discussed at length just because it can be. Carry on.

Poordevil

Well, after watching that video I will never look at the ubiquitous barrel quite the same again! Was well researched and exposed me to different games from the 1980s and 1990s I never knew existed.
I am playing Monster Hunter World and it has barrels... exploding barrels!! But I have not been using them much. That is going to change now, I have been inspired. Carry them on a hunt and place them next to a sleeping monster... BOOM!! he is in for a rude awakening, with damage to boot, he he.

V4skunk

Banned
Well, after watching that video I will never look at the ubiquitous barrel quite the same again! Was well researched and exposed me to different games from the 1980s and 1990s I never knew existed.
I am playing Monster Hunter World and it has barrels... exploding barrels!! But I have not been using them much. That is going to change now, I have been inspired. Carry them on a hunt and place them next to a sleeping monster... BOOM!! he is in for a rude awakening, with damage to boot, he he.
You don't use explosive barrels in Monsterhunter? You are 100% wasting time not using them against certain monsters. Good to use when a mon is sleeping or on a trapped mon.

Poordevil

You don't use explosive barrels in Monsterhunter? You are 100% wasting time not using them against certain monsters. Good to use when a mon is sleeping or on a trapped mon.

Yea, what I have been doing is trapping and capturing sleeping monsters, or just waking them up with my long sword and finishing them off with it. But I will bring barrels now and see how I do with them.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Yea, what I have doing is trapping and capturing sleeping monsters, or just waking them up with my long sword and finishing them off with it. But I will bring barrels now and see how I do with them.
Lol. Use barrels to wound mon parts for drops. Also plant all of them down at once. Don't use one at a time. I'm also sure there is at least one mon where you have to use bombs to blow them of the ceiling of caves.

anthraticus

Banned
Hopefully Larian chills with that shit in BG3. Having them all over the place just feels contrived and seeing them in places like the middle of a forest is just beyond silly and pretty wack, tbh.

Swen needs to reign himself in on this one.

Top Bottom