• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ezra Miller (Cunt/Trash) Accused of Harassing Woman in Germany, and Iceland Choking Victim Breaks Her Silence

belmarduk

In the spring of 2020, as the COVID crisis was rapidly becoming a global pandemic, Ezra Miller began wearing out their welcome in Iceland.

The actor — best known for playing the DC superhero the Flash in several films for Warner Bros. — was set to start filming the studio’s latest entry in the “Harry Potter” franchise, “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” in London when the shoot was halted on March 15, 2020, due to COVID. In the weeks after, Miller, who identifies as nonbinary and uses “they/them” pronouns, became a regular at bars in Iceland’s capital, Reykjavík, where locals came to know and even befriend them. Many recognized Miller from their earliest breakout movies, 2012’s “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” and 2011’s “We Need to Talk About Kevin,” where they played a troubled teen who brought a bow and arrow to school and murdered his classmates.

Miller, then 27, also started to show a different, volatile side to their personality — one that began to concern Icelanders.

“There was always something with Ezra,” said Carlos Reynir, then a bartender at Prikið Kaffihús, a pub located in the heart of Reykjavík.

Reynir said he intervened in two altercations at Prikið involving Miller. The first was a heated argument between Miller and a male patron that began as banter but ended in the actor putting the man in a chokehold and later slapping him. Reynir, who broke up the fight, says Miller later apologized, and the other patron quickly shrugged it off as a joke. The actor was allowed to continue frequenting the bar.

“We just brushed it off as two friends getting drunk and getting in a fight,” Reynir said. “It’s Iceland. That happens twice a weekend.”

But the next altercation, in which Miller assaulted a young woman at the bar, was harder to discount. The incident grabbed global headlines when footage of Miller placing the woman in a chokehold and then pushing her to the ground went viral online in early April 2020.

Soon after the incident, Variety spoke with the woman Miller assaulted; she recently confirmed that her comments could be printed for this article. She asked to remain anonymous out of concern for her privacy, as she’s telling her story publicly for the first time.

In the blurry video, Miller is seen confronting the woman — who is smiling and waving her arms as she walks toward them — and asking, “Do you want to fight? Is that what you do?” After Miller grabs her neck, she lets out an audible gasp. The person filming the video stopped to intervene, Variety has confirmed.

According to three sources, the woman had been speaking to Miller at the bar prior to the quarrel. She said she inquired about the actor’s feet — visible in flip-flops — after noticing some wounds, which Miller explained were battle scars from a fight. After discussing how they got them, she began to walk away, but turned around and joked, “But just so you know, I could take you in a fight.” Miller replied, “You really want to fight?” and the woman told them to meet her in the smoking area in two minutes.

Variety

LordCBH

Animated GIF

I’m shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

dr_octagon

Banned
Miller (Cunt / Trash) is known for trash criminal behaviour and cunt often behaves like an animal. Cunt should behind bars but trash money and fame prevents this from happening.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The plural pronoun for a specific individual person is soooooooo damned confusing, how was that EVER allowed? I get that "it" would need some rehab before it could be used (even if it IS the most appropriate term for anyone/thing that doesn't want a gendered pronoun) but using they/them in this fashion is just dumb.

OZ9000

Banned
Nobody on this planet deserves special pandering over pronouns or adjectives. I couldn't give a flying fuck what you identify as. Don't expect me to also partake in your charade. Now excuse me whilst I recharge my batteries for I am a cybernetic organism wo is runnin lo on juic

Last edited:
The plural pronoun for a specific individual person is soooooooo damned confusing, how was that EVER allowed? I get that "it" would need some rehab before it could be used (even if it IS the most appropriate term for anyone/thing that doesn't want a gendered pronoun) but using they/them in this fashion is just dumb.

It was and is a normal part of the English language that I knew about long before I even had awareness that non-binary trans people existed. You've almost certainly used it yourself when you wanted to refer to a person, but didn't know their gender.

About that party we're going to? My friend is going to drive us.
I'm fine with that. When are they going to be picking us up?

But I will agree that it gets very confusing and stupid when a writer keeps using they pronouns alongside "they" references to other people who aren't trans.

Last edited:

Turnt

I love how WB instantly gets rid of Johnny after false accusations, and yet keep this piece of shit because he is "The Flash".
That wasn't instant though right? They dropped him after he lost the first case. Miller seems like a real piece of shit though so deserves the boot.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
It was and is a normal part of the English language that I knew about long before I even had awareness that non-binary trans people existed. You've almost certainly used it yourself when you wanted to refer to a person, but didn't know their gender.

About that party we're going to? My friend is going to drive us.
I'm fine with that. When are they going to be picking us up?
See that has a very narrow application and requires specific context.

The "non-binary they/them" atrocity is entirely self inflicted. These folks are not multiple personalities, they are individuals, virtually all with a clearly identifiable biologic sex phenotype making gender assignment very easy. How they feel internally is not flipping between multiple individuals. If they want to deny a specific gender assignment, the pronoun they are looking for in English is "it". Just read that article about Ezra with 'it' instead of 'they/them/their' and it automatically becomes significantly more legible.

Scotty W

I just can't read articles with plurals about singulars. I just fucking can't. It's too much of a covoluted verbal mess for me to bother with.

Find a bloody pronoun that doesn't complicated an already ripe for misunderstanding form of communication, or crawl under a rock and stay there.

Verb conjugation is really the next step after pronouns. The S in They walks sounds incorrect, so we need to change the grammar to be more inclusive and break down the oppressive structures it embodies.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
See that has a very narrow application and requires specific context.

The "non-binary they/them" atrocity is entirely self inflicted. These folks are not multiple personalities, they are individuals, virtually all with a clearly identifiable biologic sex phenotype making gender assignment very easy. How they feel internally is not flipping between multiple individuals. If they want to deny a specific gender assignment, the pronoun they are looking for in English is "it". Just read that article about Ezra with 'it' instead of 'they/them/their' and it automatically becomes significantly more legible.
I agree with you linguistically, I’m sure the counter argument would be that ‘it’ refers to inanimate objects, thus dehumanising the individual.

clem84

Gold Member
It is meant to be confusing. It's also an attempt to get attention, and a way to control others.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Actual serious situation and you all still find a way to be butthurt about the way I refer to him.

He is just one guy.
No I don't actually. You can refer to them however you want in here. It's not going to bother me.

I was responding to the reaction to my relatively tame response given the information we have.

Top Bottom