• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ezra Miller (Cunt/Trash) Accused of Harassing Woman in Germany, and Iceland Choking Victim Breaks Her Silence

ManaByte

You're either male or female.
603cf855-ab11-4e13-aa37-5f1fcf210ce2_text.gif

CosmicComet

Same thing with "Latinx," a term conceived by white progressives and massively unpopular/irrelevant with the people that the term is supposed to "help."

Speaking as a Latino myself, "Latinx" violates a very deeply fundamental aspect of the Spanish language: it is a gendered language. Has been, is, and will continue to be.

So Latinx has the double whammy effect of being grammatically incorrect, while also being the product of progressive white people being extremely patronizing, trying to speak for people that don't need speaking for.
Its true. All of it.

These ivory tower white leftists are the same ones who couldn't define what a woman was just a couple of months ago; saying inane shit like "any gender can menstruate and get pregnant including men."

Now all of a sudden after Roe v Wade got overturned (a decision by the SCOTUS I disagree with, but that's another topic) they NOW remember what women are and confidently say things like "women's rights are being trampled on! They have less rights than guns!", or "Women are losing their bodily autonomy!"

Umm, I'm sorry, sounds like extremely bigoted language according to your established logic. Afterall, any gender can get pregnant amirite?

Honestly maybe white folks in general are the problem. Maybe the issue will sort itself out as they slowly become a minority in the US where all this stuff propagates from.

Afterall ethnic people in general are not the ones pushing this sexual identity accelerant ideology of the past 10 years. Everyone else in the world seems to have common sense.

ManaByte

Honestly maybe white folks in general are the problem. Maybe the issue will sort itself out as they slowly become a minority in the US where all this stuff propagates from.

Bill Maher pointed out the other week how it's mostly coming from rich white people in big cities like LA or NY who think it's trendy to have a trans kid, where people in other parts of the country see them as insane as they really are.

MacReady13

It was and is a normal part of the English language that I knew about long before I even had awareness that non-binary trans people existed. You've almost certainly used it yourself when you wanted to refer to a person, but didn't know their gender.

About that party we're going to? My friend is going to drive us.
I'm fine with that. When are they going to be picking us up?

But I will agree that it gets very confusing and stupid when a writer keeps using they pronouns alongside "they" references to other people who aren't trans.
That is fine if you don't know the person. Once you do, referring to them as they/them is fucking stupid. They are he/she or call them by their name.

Top Bottom