• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2022 reveal today (4pm UK / 8am PT / 11am ET)

cormack12

Gold Member
edit: been and gone

Source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-22?fbclid

The latest entry in the officially licensed, annual series of F1 games, F1 22, is set to be officially revealed on April 21.

F1 22 will, as the name and choice of thumbnail suggests, be based on the current, 2022 Formula 1 World Championship. That means we can take a good guess at the headline content even before the reveal: all of the cars and all, or almost all, of the tracks of the 2022 season.

Thursday’s announcement will likely also include a release date for the title. The last three releases have all come in late-June to mid-July, around the time of the British and Austrian Grands Prix, so we’re expecting a similar window.

Other features, such as a story mode similar to Braking Point introduced in F1 2021 or F1 2020’s My Team mode, will likely remain under wraps for the time being.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Braking Point was absolutely fucking embarrassing. If they're going to try something similar again, they need to actually base it on an F1 team, rather than the Hollwood-ised, moronic version of one they presented in that story. Drop the awful made up F1 drivers. Let us take the role of an actual driver.

Also, let's have some decent vintage cars and tracks. No excuse not to feature them. I want to drive an MP4/8 around Brands Hatch.

Filben

I wish they would finally amp up their visuals. F1 always looked worse than Dirt Rally despite the same engine. Cars look like cheap plastic toys in most conditions.

Better damage model that's not only about loosing a tyre and front wing would be cool, like dents and real wrecked cars. I'm not delusional, it's not gonna happen... I just wish it did.

Other than that I really enjoyed the titles and with 2017 they started to become better and better. Still lots of potential, though.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

I wish they would finally amp up their visuals. F1 always looked worse than Dirt Rally despite the same engine. Cars look like cheap plastic toys in most conditions.
F1 2021 looks amazing and also unlike Dirt Rally needs to be able to 24 cars on track and its weather system is also brilliant.

Murdoch

The release timing of these games needs to be more in sync with the racing calendar. We're always a year behind with the games and it's odd watching a Grand Prix weekend and then playing the latest game and the roster and cars are from the prior year - it totally takes me out of the experience.

Ellery

I love F1, but don't have a racing setup at home and I usually end up playing those games for 20-30 hours and then abandon them.

Can't watch the live event today, but will check it out later and if they have significantly changed the game so that my jaw drops I might consider day1ing it (which I doubt).

ClosBSAS

Is it gonna have shitty ass graphics again? Code masters just can't seem to make a racing game with good graphics

Anything after the 80s....ill accept late 80s too.
But not really.
The handling is pretty easy on the f1 games, not sure that means good though.
I'd wish it was a bit more realistic though, but that usually makes it harder to drive. Have to remember a lot of people are playing with a game pad instead of a decent steering wheel and pedals :/
So yeah, not sure I get it yet on what you consider "good" in this sense.

nikos

Trailer lasted about as long as Latifi qualifying, but at least we have some info. Hopefully they didn't have to hold too much back considering it's still on last gen consoles.

Enter the new era of Formula 1® in EA SPORTS™ F1® 22, the official video game of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship™. Take your seat for a new season as redesigned cars and overhauled rules redefine race day, test your skills around the new Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamour in F1® Life.

Race the stunning, new cars of the Formula 1® 2022 season with the authentic lineup of all 20 drivers and 10 teams, and take control of your race experience with new immersive or cinematic race sequences. Create a team and take them to the front of the grid with new depth in the acclaimed My Team career mode, race head-to-head in split-screen or multiplayer, or change the pace by taking supercars from some of the sport’s biggest names to the track.
  • New Season, New Rules — Race a new era of Formula 1® cars in F1® 22.
  • Race Day, Redefined — Take control of your virtual F1® experience with immersive and cinematic Pit Stops, Formation Laps, and more.
  • F1® Life — Get a taste of the glitz and glamour of Formula 1®.

The official video game of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship™:
  • New Season, New Rules — Take your seat for a new season and race stunningly different cars on iconic tracks, including the brand-new Miami International Autodrome.
  • Race Day, Redefined — Take control of your race experience with immersive and cinematic Formation Laps and Safety Car Periods, interactive Pit Stops and all-new Sprint Races.
  • Adaptive AI — A new AI system for less experienced players keeps you competitive in each race.
  • F1® Life — Unlock and show off supercars, clothing, accessories, and more for the world to see.
  • My Team — Choose your starting budget as you create your F1® team from the ground up, with expanded department events and deeper livery customization.
  • Career Mode — Test your driving talents in the world of F1® and work your way through the grid in the acclaimed 10-year Career Mode.
Formula 2™, the ultimate training ground for F1®, is also included, with short, medium, or full season options plus 2021 and 2022 season content*.
  • Split-screen racing for 2 players.
  • VR — Get the ultimate immersive F1® experience with virtual reality compatibility on PC that lets you feel the drama of the race from right inside the cockpit.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Who needs this when you can mod Assetto Corsa and have a true simulator?

In terms of driving, yes AC (and AMS2) are better but in terms of everything else (career mode, atmosphere, etc) then then the F1 games are needed.

And to be fair the physics have been pretty decent in recent releases.

GinSama

Huge formula 1 fan here…. It was basically nothing….

Was hoping maybe even seconds, not even that.
I really hope they will re introduce the red flags again…
Been enjoying the last game.

Wish the my team mode had more edit options….
My Jordan 199 looks nothing like the real thing…

Ps5 version… I know on pc there’s not that problem.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Hoping they actually improve the AI pitting strategies. And let you choose your teammate's strategies for the MyTeam.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not an F1 fan or expert of any kind. But this thread reminds me about F1 2021 on Game Pass. I'll try that out one day. Last time I played F1 games were those Psygnosis games on PS1 and had a ton of fun. Just had fun picking a driver and winning races.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

F1 22 Early Performance Test | Miami GP | 4K | Ultra High Preset & Ray Traced Shadows, Reflections & Ambient Occlusion (3080ti)​

Top Bottom