• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 22 Hands-On Preview

nikos

What kind of shit show is going on in here? Why are we comparing to Forza Horizon and Gran Turismo running on an emulator to F1? All three of those games are completely different from each other.

To stay on topic, this game is looking really good. There are a ton of new features and improvements that I'm excited about. Not worth discussing here though because the thread has gone further off track than Latifi has this year.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
And to be fair, you responded without a single pic like he asked for, high quality in cockpit view.
He is also talking about the overall graphics after that so not just cockpit view, look at his posts and the way he talks. And cockpit view is not the only way to judge a games graphics and call it overall dogshit looking (which is far from true if you look down).
What part of cockpit view you didn't understand? And sorry, it looks like dogshit when comparing to the f1 pic the other person posted above. Bloom filters to hide low definition of assets. Look at the concrete in the ground on both pics, put the side by side and tell me which one looks like a photo of a real environment and which one looks like a video game.
I played both games so I know exactly how they look like. The FH5 looks good enough for what it is, an arcade "racer" in an open world setting. It's not even fair to that game to compare it to F1 graphics wise. One of them has to render a circuit and 20 cars at high level of detail, while the other has destructible environments, airplanes flying above, plantation, mud, etc.

Just trying to get some sense going here when I see some delusional people (or blind) somehow claiming FH is better graphics wise. I suspect they are confusing high quality graphics with lots of effects and flashy shit on screen.

As I said before, put both pictures side by side and tell me which one looks more real. That should tell you which one has "better graphics".

edit: BTW, not having map on screen or rev counter is exactly how you play when you sim race. Your HUD is exactly what the real pilot sees in the actual F1 race, meaning, all the info needed is in your wheel dashboard. Example belowÇ

article-2623514-1DAD6ACC00000578-869_964x604.jpg
I disagree because it's a completely different game type. You're not driving in forests or volcanos in f1.
I would argue the graphics in fh5 don't even look very good if we're being honest. Talking in game, not bullshot marketing pics.

fh5
Snimok_ekrana_(373).png

ForzaHorizon5_Launch_Review_05_16x9_WM.jpg

forza_horizon_5_offline_i_online_2.jpg

Now compare that to the f1 game.

Btw I picked cockpit mode because that's how a racing game should be played. When we drive our cars in real life we're not sitting in a drone hovering it remote controlling the car :messenger_grinning_smiling:
And if its cockpit you want to see here you go
Forza-Horizon-5-26-12-2021-23-05-42.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-23-11-2021-23-34-06.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-15-12-2021-22-25-34.jpg

and now lets look at F1 2022 cockpit view "bullshot mode" (and i know its not the final model but thats all the footage we have right now and thats what he is comparing it with)
2045-a89874a666fac2f51c802bb107d0b104_83pm.png

F1_22_Ferrari_Shot_Announce_02_4K.png

f1-22-miami-05-4k-1652110714463.png

And im not gonna post any Forza footage after this in this thread anymore, its been derailed already unfortunately (im also partly responsible for it). But that guy is chatting shit without anything to back up his claim. Now lets get back to topic and im sorry again for all of this.

Justin9mm

I didn't post any f1 pic, someone else did.

I played both games so I know exactly how they look like. The FH5 looks good enough for what it is, an arcade "racer" in an open world setting. It's not even fair to that game to compare it to F1 graphics wise. One of them has to render a circuit and 20 cars at high level of detail, while the other has destructible environments, airplanes flying above, plantation, mud, etc.

Just trying to get some sense going here when I see some delusional people (or blind) somehow claiming FH is better graphics wise. I suspect they are confusing high quality graphics with lots of effects and flashy shit on screen.

As I said before, put both pictures side by side and tell me which one looks more real. That should tell you which one has "better graphics".

edit: BTW, not having map on screen or rev counter is exactly how you play when you sim race. Your HUD is exactly what the real pilot sees in the actual F1 race, meaning, all the info needed is in your wheel dashboard. Example belowÇ

article-2623514-1DAD6ACC00000578-869_964x604.jpg
How the fuck do they read and control, the dials, buttons and screen mid race?

He is also talking about the overall graphics after that so not just cockpit view, look at his posts and the way he talks. And cockpit view is not the only way to judge a games graphics and call it overall dogshit looking (which is far from true if you look down).

And if its cockpit you want to see here you go
Forza-Horizon-5-26-12-2021-23-05-42.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-23-11-2021-23-34-06.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-15-12-2021-22-25-34.jpg

and now lets look at F1 2022 cockpit view "bullshot mode" (and i know its not the final model but thats all the footage we have right now and thats what he is comparing it with)
2045-a89874a666fac2f51c802bb107d0b104_83pm.png

F1_22_Ferrari_Shot_Announce_02_4K.png

f1-22-miami-05-4k-1652110714463.png

And im not gonna post any Forza footage after this in this thread anymore, its been derailed already unfortunately (im also partly responsible for it). But that guy is chatting shit without anything to back up his claim. Now lets get back to topic and im sorry again for all of this.
Finally!

And yes, in actual driving mode, F1 looks way better imho while drawing 20 cars on screen. Oh and on VR too nowadays :)

And about me not having played in high quality... I got an rtx 3080 / 5800x, running these games on a $10k plus setup. I'd be shocked if you had seen either of those games in a better light than I have :messenger_tears_of_joy:

massively complicated, and they do it mid corner to. people just think they get in the car and drive, there is loads more to it than that, they race with different settings for different parts of the race. they have fuel saving settings and alsorts
All that + controlling tire temperatures, battery deployment, brake bias, engine mode, DRS deployment, tire degradation and pit strategy, etc...

Turk1993

Finally!

And yes, in actual driving mode, F1 looks way better imho while drawing 20 cars on screen. Oh and on VR too nowadays :)

And about me not having played in high quality... I got an rtx 3080 / 5800x, running these games on a $10k plus setup. I'd be shocked if you had seen either of those games in a better light than I have :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I have a RTX 3080 ti / 11th gen i7K and use it on my LG 4K120hz oled and also had a Samsung Q90R so.... And if you actually played those games you wouldn't post low setting FH4 screenshots as FH5. And clearly you didn't play it because you think that F1 looks better which is bullshit since the footage we got shows the complete opposite. Not saying that it looks bad or anything but there is nothing in the footage or gameplay video's of F1 that stand out or looks better than FH5. And all my screenshots where from ACTUAL DRIVING mode straight out gameplay shots, and it looked better than anything you saw in F1. And if you call a game that has been praised for its graphics by everyone "dogshit looking" than you are just trolling at that point. And if you want to discuss more about the graphics of those game you can post it in the next gen racing graphics thread, there we can discuss it even more without derailing this thread any further.

I have a RTX 3080 ti / 11th gen i7K and use it on my LG 4K120hz oled and also had a Samsung Q90R so.... And if you actually played those games you wouldn't post low setting FH4 screenshots as FH5. And clearly you didn't play it because you think that F1 looks better which is bullshit since the footage we got shows the complete opposite. Not saying that it looks bad or anything but there is nothing in the footage or gameplay video's of F1 that stand out or looks better than FH5. And all my screenshots where from ACTUAL DRIVING mode straight out gameplay shots, and it looked better than anything you saw in F1. And if you call a game that has been praised for its graphics by everyone "dogshit looking" than you are just trolling at that point. And if you want to discuss more about the graphics of those game you can post it in the next gen racing graphics thread, there we can discuss it even more without derailing this thread any further.
Enough, you have your opinion, I have mine. You confuse filters and explosions for good graphics, there's nothing I can do to fix that for you.
The screenshot i pulled were from a 30 second google search for fh5, I uninstalled that game withing 2 days. Definitely not worth the near 100gb of space it took for me to go pull screenshots nowadays.
Still don't understand how we ended up talking about that arcade trash in this thread, but here we are.

Turk1993

Enough, you have your opinion, I have mine. You confuse filters and explosions for good graphics, there's nothing I can do to fix that for you.
The screenshot i pulled were from a 30 second google search for fh5, I uninstalled that game withing 2 days. Definitely not worth the near 100gb of space it took for me to go pull screenshots nowadays.
Still don't understand how we ended up talking about that arcade trash in this thread, but here we are.
jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

Esca

Shame this thread got shit shower. The game is looking good and it's been a long time since I bought an f1 game but I'll get this.

Look forward to more being shown.

I would like to see them add a manager mode to the f1 games.
Especially this year with new regulations, with the dnfs cause of car problems, and porpoising etc.
Now more than ever I feel the focus is on the teams instead of the drivers.
Also the 10 mill budget cap and rumor is red bull already blew 7,5 so far on upgrade packages.

Top Bottom