• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[FAKE] Metal Slug: Awakening coming to PS4 and PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
jvseZ7.jpg

stranno

Playstation 4 & 5 teaser: Shows virtual buttons. If you are that lazy or those builds are not ready yet, at least hide them in the mobile build.

The remake looks good tho, and according to the map it has some metroidvania elements. I'm in, just hoping that they don't screw everything with the F2P (very unlikely).

Ozzie666

The franchise is the pinnacle of fast moving and creative sprite animation, often imitated, but never exactly duplicated. Inspiring noble efforts like Demon Front and Kraut Buster to name but a few.

But, not like this. Pixels, unfortunately are part of the DNA and charm. Non negotiable.

ZywyPL

Banned
Loks awesome! I still prefer the OG pixelated art, but this approach catches the same aesthetics while being 2.5D, unlike upcoming Advance Wars 1+2 remasters which look like they're aiming at 5yo kids...

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They confirmed on Twitterr that although the clip shown is of the mobile version, they are working on a dedicated PlayStation version (footage not shown yet).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They confirmed on Twitterr that although the clip shown is of the mobile version, they are working on a dedicated PlayStation version (footage not shown yet).
If this is how it looks on mobile, it is good news for much faster non battery constrained home console monsters… they could f-it up though lol.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The franchise is the pinnacle of fast moving and creative sprite animation, often imitated, but never exactly duplicated. Inspiring noble efforts like Demon Front and Kraut Buster to name but a few.

But, not like this. Pixels, unfortunately are part of the DNA and charm. Non negotiable.
I totally agree, but I've read development stories about the cost and difficulty producing the originals so it's no surprise they can't given its niche audience.

jaysius

Banned
F2P insert whatever awful in-game currency they create to continue. The new arcade type rip off.

This looks awful, one thing about Metal Slug series is it’s unique art style, take that away and you’re left with not much else unique.

Kadve

This game has been out for almost a year in China already (its a re-branded "code-J" presumably for international audience). If you need more footage.

F2P insert whatever awful in-game currency they create to continue. The new arcade type rip off.
i always found it funny how people keep bashing micro transactions when its practically no difference from Arcade Coin-ups. In either wich case you're paying to "cheat".

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Doesn't look too promising, but I guess I'm not too bothered either way. I love the series, but I'm good as far as Metal Slug goes and I don't feel like I need another one. I have the arcade boards for MS 1-6 and X, and honestly? That's plenty. In the 17 years since 6 came out, I really haven't felt like I needed more.

stranno

i always found it funny how people keep bashing micro transactions when its practically no difference from Arcade Coin-ups. In either wich case you're paying to "cheat".
It has nothing to do with the arcades. Hacking a free to play game you completely destroy the game's pace, which is meant to be played with the idle crap in mind, while the game's pace of an arcade is perfectly fine no matter if you do a 1cc or infinite credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom