• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fakest demos vs actual games ever?

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
KSBc.gif

Pretty much every Kinekt game Microsoft tried to peddle back in the day.
I remember sitting in the crowd and everyone cringed when he shouted "Light Saber ON!!!!!" Dan Hsu asked me afterwards if I could recall anyone in any of the Star Wars movies, games or books turning on a light saber that way.

Apocryphon

Killzone 2 retail did come close enough, and in some areas looked better than the E3 2007 trailer. The point of contention is the E3 2005 target render trailer that only idiots thought was real. The press and developers didn’t help the situation at the time and took a tonne of flak for it. Fortunately the game tuned out well… though who’s to say just how well it would have turned out if expectations hadn’t been set so high…

OCASM

Banned
Killzone 2 retail did come close enough, and in some areas looked better than the E3 2007 trailer. The point of contention is the E3 2005 target render trailer that only idiots thought was real. The press and developers didn’t help the situation at the time and took a tonne of flak for it. Fortunately the game tuned out well… though who’s to say just how well it would have turned out if expectations hadn’t been set so high…

Not even PS5 games are that level.

Three

Nintendo usually take the high road on this but the first breath of the wild reveal deserves to be in here

That's not even the worst of it. Nintendo has a weird history of bullshiting with zelda for some reason.

This was their gamecube zelda showpiece

This was pretty amazing looking for the PS2 era and I think it caused a lot of Windwaker's backlash.

Then for Wii U they showed this

Then went cell shaded again.

Top Bottom