• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Gargus

Banned
Are you looking for an rpg with a lot of depth, roleplaying, dialogue, complex choices and mechanics? Then no, FO4 is not what you're looking for.

Are you looking for a fun, open world explore-athon with a light rpg backend and lots of stuff to shoot/loot? Then it's pretty fucking awesome.

(Wasteland 2 is pretty cool, btw. The two games have nothing in common barring the words 'post apocalyptic')

I like a combination of the 2 myself. I loved fallout 3 and new Vegas (shitty engine and never ending line of bugs aside) but 4 man I found myself running through it just to finish it mostly.

I hated the constant fetch quests and the building stuff was terribly annoying to me. But mostly I just hated how the game had no teeth. It's like they tried to make it safe and non threatening. I want slavery in the game, cannibals, prostitution and such. It just didn't feel like a post apocalyptic world, but a caricature of one. It felt like someone tried to soften up the game some or something I can't explain it. I also didn't like how compact it all felt, I was always tripping over settlers or a town and it never felt like I was actually exploring anything.

I don't know. I'm tired.

Lanrutcon

I like a combination of the 2 myself. I loved fallout 3 and new Vegas (shitty engine and never ending line of bugs aside) but 4 man I found myself running through it just to finish it mostly.

I hated the constant fetch quests and the building stuff was terribly annoying to me. But mostly I just hated how the game had no teeth. It's like they tried to make it safe and non threatening. I want slavery in the game, cannibals, prostitution and such. It just didn't feel like a post apocalyptic world, but a caricature of one. It felt like someone tried to soften up the game some or something I can't explain it. I also didn't like how compact it all felt, I was always tripping over settlers or a town and it never felt like I was actually exploring anything.

I don't know. I'm tired.

Oh, FO4 is totally phoned in. You won't get any argument from me on that front. It's like mac&cheese for me: no depth, just some occasional comfort, and probably not worth it.

Top Bottom