• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 will receive a free next-gen update in 2023 for XSX/S, PS5 and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art.../fallout25-conclusion-interviews-events-perks

Ff10_cIXEAEfAgm

"Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus Creation Club content!"

Fallout 4 will receive a free next-gen update in 2023 for XSX/S, PS5 and PC
- performance (high FPS) & quality (4K) modes
- bug fixes
- bonus Creation Club content

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hell, maybe I'll get back into it and finish the game. But Series X already plays it at 4k/60 I think, so unless they fix up the texture quality, it wont be much of a difference. There's already 4k tetxure mods anyway.

CeeJay

Nice. I started playing Fallout 4 for the first time a week or so ago, maybe I would have waited if i'd known this was coming but i'm certainly not going to stop and wait now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nice. I started playing Fallout 4 for the first time a week or so ago, maybe I would have waited if i'd known this was coming but i'm certainly not going to stop and wait now.
Which system?

Dont forget to download some quality of life mods (if you feel like cheesing the game).

scraz

They have been selling new shit through the in game shop for years and moders had to pick up the torch and patch some serious problems here and there.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
.....please tell me theres cross save. i just started playing few weeks ago on ps5 and now nearing level 50, and got a legendary explosive combat shotgun...

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Super excited for this. They better add it to the ps5 library one. I had a physical copy that I had to ditched when I bought a ps5 digital.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Series X

I'm playing vanilla, are there any mods you can recommend?
I dont remember F4 mods much as I stopped playing years ago, but can go by Skyrim mods which there will probably be similar ones.

- Unlimited stamina
- Unlimited ammo
- Unlimited carrying weight capacity
- Better weather effects (I remember one that had crazier colours and weather)
- Look for better texture quality mods

Make note that mods turned on disables Achievement Pts. So if you care about that go vanilla. Mods should have no effect to your saved game as it saves two versions I believe. So you can always disable mods and continue with your saved game.

Mods can also crash the game so look out. In Skyrim, I added a ton of mods and kept crashing. I isolated the issue to a map mod (that made maps look better) being the culprit. So I deleted it and it fixed the issue.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I wonder if the ps5 one will finally get more mod supports?

Xbox had way more as I recall. The mod that removed the building limit mad it possible to do some fun builds

rofif

Banned
We're not getting 4K/60 on cross-gen games releasing now.

You shouldn't be surprised.
2070 is doing EZ 60fps so that's surprising. Consoles could do 4k60.
Or even if not, why give the fucking modes. Make it dynamic 4k 60 or something like that. Surely it shouldn't have to drop lower than 1800p. This is already lazy

TheMan

Does this foreshadow 10 different upgrade editions and ports in the coming years like ol Skyrim?

Anyway if this is free I’ll take it!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
2070 is doing EZ 60fps so that's surprising. Consoles could do 4k60.
Or even if not, why give the fucking modes. Make it dynamic 4k 60 or something like that. Surely it shouldn't have to drop lower than 1800p. This is already lazy

Cyberpunk drops all the way to 1080~ on both PS5 and SX to hit the dynamic 4K/60. It's nowhere near close to full 4K most of the time.

Anyway, for Fallout you should still be able to access the FPS unlock mod so you should have 4K/60 on SX at least.

Let's wait for more info on what these modes actually are. Maybe the new 4K/30 uses improved lighting/textures from what the consoles have right now.

Last edited:

CeeJay

I dont remember F4 mods much as I stopped playing years ago, but can go by Skyrim mods which there will probably be similar ones.

- Unlimited stamina
- Unlimited ammo
- Unlimited carrying weight capacity
- Better weather effects (I remember one that had crazier colours and weather)
- Look for better texture quality mods

Make note that mods turned on disables Achievement Pts. So if you care about that go vanilla. Mods should have no effect to your saved game as it saves two versions I believe. So you can always disable mods and continue with your saved game.

Mods can also crash the game so look out. In Skyrim, I added a ton of mods and kept crashing. I isolated the issue to a map mod (that made maps look better) being the culprit. So I deleted it and it fixed the issue.
Good to know that you can switch between mods and vanilla without ruining the save.

I'm not too interested in cheats to make the game easier to be honest but will check out some of the others that improve the graphics.

Top Bottom