• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 2022 roadmap revealed with new seasonal events on the way

kingfey

Banned
Fallout 76 is continuing to grow, with frequent updates and events that have evolved the game far beyond its initial launch state back in 2018. Bethesda shared the 2022 roadmap for Fallout 76 on Monday, detailing the various updates that players can look forward to across the year.
Fallout 76 2022 RoadmapSource: Bethesda Softworks
Starting in the spring, there's a new event coming called Invaders From Beyond, which is (appropriately enough) revolving around the appearance of UFOs. Fallout Worlds is also getting a patch, adding new settings for players to alter such as disabling VATS.
Sometime in the summer, there'll be the Test Your Metal update, which brings new challenges. In the fall, Expeditions: The Pitt arrives, bringing a new hub area in Whitespring and taking players outside of Appalachia for the first time in Fallout 76. This Expedition will also have new quests to undertake and will be bringing back the Trogs from Fallout 3.

Finally, the winter update for Fallout 76 will mark the arrival of Nuka-World on Tour, which most notably includes a Region Boss Public Event, alongside new loot for players to acquire.

Between continued support for Fallout 76 and the planned launch of Starfield later in 2022, Bethesda Game Studios is staying busy all year round.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

EXCELLENT support for a game many wrote off long ago.
Might have to boot it up on the XSX and see if it got improvements.

I wish I could mod this massive map. I spent thousands of hours modding Fallout 4 and I would have jumped over to this in a heartbeat if Bethesda had allowed it and didn't have their own paid shop stuff to sell.

Really hope Starfield is more friendly to the modding community.

Winter John

"frequent updates and events that have evolved the game far beyond its initial launch state back in 2018. "

Holy shit. I needed a good laugh.

Far beyond it's initial launch state.

iu

Starfield

imagine people thinking The Pitt will be like an expansion map where you can always go and walk around like your traditional BGS dlc :messenger_tears_of_joy:

cormack12

Gold Member
As someone who is still trying to catchup in game, this disheartens me. More stuff dropping as I'm trying to progress, makes me think of just parking it tbh

It’s 60 fps with FPS boost on SX and it makes a huge difference but there’s no next gen official patch yet.
This disgusts me. Live service game and devs don't respect the people who went out and bought better hardware enough to unlock the framerate, yet they have no problem still monetizing it. Rockstar is the other dev that apathetic. Yuck

Filben

As much as I love their events, art style and humour, the whole Fallout vibes, every time I try it again and I can't get over the facts that's still not F2P, that nothing in the game is responsive and intuitive, the shooting mechanics and hit feedback is even after years still worse than in F4, and that they made it hard on purpose to repair items so you're more inclined to spend money on repair kits, and the skill system.

Change all that to the better and I'm in. But I might as well wait for a completely new Fallout then probably.

I sitll dont know what the fuck Fallout 76 is supposed to be? MMO? Singleplayer with online stuff? I heard you cant play the expansions story with friends so why the fuck is it online then? Are the stories any good? What the fuck do u even do in the game? Just build stuff and do random fetch quests? How are they giving this game so much support, who are the ppl playing it? Same whales as star citizen ones? I need some clarification about why F76 is still alive lol

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The developers spoke to AusGamers in a recent interview about the current state of Fallout 76 as well as its future. Since the game itself has been out since November 2018, it's gotten several updates and expansions to keep adding more Fallout content both new and familiar. That'd be a decent run for most games if they decided they were going to wrap things up or slow down content releases sometime soon, but it doesn't look like support for Fallout 76 is going anywhere anytime soon.

"A lot of my time right now is spent on planning that three and five-year roadmap," design director Mark Tucker told AusGamers. "The three-year roadmap is a lot more understood and known, at five-years it gets a little more fuzzy, but we're dedicated to updating [Fallout 76]. The message to our players is, there should be no reason to think that we're not going to continue updating this game."

Tucker added that things get "a little fuzzy" when you're planning out as far as five years away, but the three-year roadmap "is a lot more understood and known." He again reiterated that support will be ongoing and that there's more to look forward to in the coming years.

"The message to our players is, there should be no reason to think that we're not going to continue updating this game," Tucker said. "We have things that we're doing to ensure that we can continue producing updates for the game for a long period of time. We've got a lot of fun, cool stuff that I can't wait to tell people about. Stuff that's beyond this year."

Probably new thread worthy but I'm lazy:

At Double Eleven we’ve made a name working with some of the biggest developers and publishers in the world. We are excited to be able to announce publicly that we’ve recently begun working with Bethesda Game Studios to create new challenges for players of Fallout 76. Since its release in 2018, Fallout 76 has invited players from all over the world to create a unique Dweller, leave The Vault and explore the many wonders and challenges of The Wasteland of Appalachia.

Bethesda and Double Eleven began speaking in late 2020, and since then we’ve worked together on a host of exciting new content that will be enjoyed by this passionate community of fans later in 2022.

“It’s a privilege to be trusted to work on one of the most iconic franchises in gaming history.” Double Eleven CEO, Lee Hutchinson, said “The team we’ve assembled to work on Fallout 76 are so passionate about the series, working with Bethesda is a dream come true.”

Double Eleven is handling FO76 dev duties this year and beyond, apparently?

FO76 was already being run by the C-team at Bethesda, but I guess all hands are on deck for Starfield now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
At the very least I admire their commitment to keep wanting to support the game through the thick and thin.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Who is playing this in 2022 bump...

Buddy and I are trying to find a game to coop for casual fun. Looking at the games on the top PS+ tier, Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online are there.

Fallout 76 looks more fun to me than ESO. I'm not overly familiar with the disastrous launch of 76 but reading a few articles and watching a few YouTube videos, seems like 76 has come a long way and is a pretty solid game these days.

What has me interested is that I read that Fallout 76 is basically just Fallout 3/4 but with coop. That sounds amazing to me. Just looking for an RPG type experience to play with my buddy and have a few laughs.

Any thoughts/comments from those who have toyed around in the game this past year?

abcdrstuv

Banned
I'm waiting for the next-gen patch that'll never come, or do nothing when it does. Still needs a lot of work, the formula's gotten a little stale, too. Huge disappointment, really unimaginative multi-player, too few verbs and systems for an MMO.. No Man's Sky is galaxies ahead.

Freeman76

Any news on X|S patch?

This game is bloody good now I love it! Bought at launch and wanted to piss on the disc for how badly they fucked it, but what a turnaround. So much to do and see

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wish it had cross progression between Pc and Xbox. No reason not to through the Xbox app on both pc and xbox.

Vindicator

Don't care about FO76 but seriously thinking about finally starting New Vegas now, mainly because of the Old World Blues DLC, got Gamepass just need to decide whether XSX in 720p60 or PC.

jaysius

Banned
All in, I’ve spent about 50 hours in the game.

I love Fallout. I’m desperate for the game to be good.

It’s fucking awful. The gunplay is abysmal. They just took their janky engine and forced it online.
Random lag too for no good reason, if you're playing solo, like myself the online part is just pure trash.

The quests are 4 times grindier than they should be, shooting doesn't feel great.

It's really bad MMOhNo, even worse than the Elder Scrolls Online, which looks way more competent by comparison.

Nothing like getting a month old email saying there is a post in a thread I marked only to see the usual Neogaf Shit on game post.
I've only been a member of this forum for a few years and I think I'm getting close to being done. F everyone that has bumped and posted in this thread today. Including me, because I can't talk about any game anywhere on this stupid useless forum. F this place.

jaysius

Banned
Nothing like getting a month old email saying there is a post in a thread I marked only to see the usual Neogaf Shit on game post.
I've only been a member of this forum for a few years and I think I'm getting close to being done. F everyone that has bumped and posted in this thread today. Including me, because I can't talk about any game anywhere on this stupid useless forum. F this place.
No no, save this for a dedicated account suicide thread, those are gold mines for other users.

They need a whole new map. No one wants to go around your same dumb areas. Why not just auto generate different maps for each server so there’s something fun to actually do

Top Bottom