• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76: Expeditions – The Pitt Teaser / Steel Reign Reveal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Expeditions: The Pitt is a free update to Fallout 76 that will, for the first time, take you outside of Appalachia! Expeditions are story driven, repeatable missions to various exciting locales in the Fallout universe - starting with The Pitt in 2022!

Steel Reign brings the conclusion of the Brotherhood of Steel storyline. You arrive back at Fort Atlas to find the tensions between Paladin Rahmani and Knight Shin have reached a boiling point. After swarms of Super Mutants start to appear and people are reported missing, how will you guide the Brotherhood? Will you take the side of justice or will you remain committed to duty? Free for Fallout 76 Players. Available July 7.

The Steel Reign update includes:
•New Questline - Choose what direction the Brotherhood of Steel will take and solve the mysteries behind the appearance of the Super Mutants
•New Locations and Gear - Unlock unique gear and explore new locations as you uncover what's been happening in Appalachia
•Season 5 Scoreboard – K.D. Inkwell is back in Escape from the 42nd Century! Rank up to unlock new rewards including C.A.M.P. items, cosmetics, and more. Beginning July 7.
•Legendary Crafting – Put those Legendary Modules to work and create your own 1, 2, & 3-star legendary items, right from the comfort of your own C.A.M.P.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With Fallout 76 now on Game Pass, it's experienced a resurgence of interest, and we learn how player feedback and developer ideas are balanced to tailor new Fallout 76 updates. Fallout 76: Steel Reign release date is July 7, 2021. Fallout 76 Expeditions: The Pitt release date is 2022

Fallout 76 Project Lead, Jeff Gardiner, and Design Director, Mark Tucker, join Michael Higham to reveal new details around Fallout 76's latest update, Steel Reign. They also go into further detail about what Fallout 76: Expeditions will be all about, and why they chose The Pitt as their location.

TheGrat1

This is the second time I can think of where Fallout used Pittsburgh as a location. The other time was Fallout 3.
It was in The Last of Us as well.
6801025600_da1322bb47_b.jpg

Nice to see my city getting some play :messenger_sunglasses:, even if it apparently makes a perfect post-apocalyptic wasteland. Not sure how I feel about that... :pie_thinking:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Steel Reign brings the conclusion of the Brotherhood of Steel storyline. You arrive back at Fort Atlas to find the tensions between Paladin Rahmani and Knight Shin have reached a boiling point. After swarms of Super Mutants start to appear and people are reported missing, how will you guide the Brotherhood? Will you take the side of justice or will you remain committed to duty? Free for Fallout 76 Players. Available Now!

The Steel Reign update includes:

New Questline - Choose what direction the Brotherhood of Steel will take and solve the mysteries behind the appearance of the Super Mutants

New Locations and Gear - Unlock unique gear and explore new locations as you uncover what's been happening in Appalachia

Season 5 Scoreboard – K.D. Inkwell is back in Escape from the 42nd Century! Rank up to unlock new rewards including C.A.M.P. items, cosmetics, and more. Beginning July 7.

Legendary Crafting – Put those Legendary Modules to work and create your own 1, 2, & 3-star legendary items, right from the comfort of your own C.A.M.P.

CitizenZ

Banned
I will always say its one of the best open worlds ever created to explore but fck me, the card system and no level cap is made for a particular consumer and killed what could be a very, very good RPG. But what do you expect from a studio that is over rated as fck and mods have carried their arse for over a decade now. Thats just a fact.

It's fun. If you have a series x, it has a fps boost as well, makes a huge difference. This game gets WAY too much shit. If you like the Fallout games at all, you'll enjoy it.
Nice, I'm actually one of the few people that like Fallout 4 more than 3 (don't shoot me) . I'm thinking I'm going to jump in when I finish up with Mass Effect Legendary. Seems like a nice game to unwind after work with

Neil Young

Nice, I'm actually one of the few people that like Fallout 4 more than 3 (don't shoot me) . I'm thinking I'm going to jump in when I finish up with Mass Effect Legendary. Seems like a nice game to unwind after work with
Awesome! I liked 4 more as well. I'm from Massachusetts so I geeked out over the setting. Finding paint for the Green Monster as a quest? Drooool. I also have to finish up Mass Effect, but I'm a fickle game player that jumps from game to game like a squirrel on crack.

Jesus 😂😂. This can't be real.

And worse, if you die in a big monster battle, you can respawn nearby and jump into the frey again. Only you don't get bullets back from the failed attempt but somehow the beasts energy levels have completely restored. So you can find your gun going [click] in the continuation of the battle. And fuck me is ammo a pain in this game.

Jesus 😂😂. This can't be real.

It's real if you're trash. The perk card system is really nice and there's a ton of variety in the builds you can use. But you can gimp yourself pretty easily by picking doodoo cards and not reading what they do.

And worse, if you die in a big monster battle, you can respawn nearby and jump into the frey again. Only you don't get bullets back from the failed attempt but somehow the beasts energy levels have completely restored. So you can find your gun going [click] in the continuation of the battle. And fuck me is ammo a pain in this game.

Are you trying to solo Earle or some shit? That and the Queen fights are huge ammo dumps and aren't meant to be soloed until very end game. What "big monster" are you trying to fight where you're dying and his health regens? Just a matter of getting good. And I agree ammo is a pain, but it's not suppose to be easy. That's kind of the idea of it being a wasteland. It eventually does get easy, and you can farm a few days worth of lead/ammo in less than an hour. Use Excavator power armors to double the ore you get when mining.

SCB3

Sigh, I want to love Fallout 76, but some of the negatives really take me out of it, I didn't finish the last update with the BoS and I am thinking of jumping back in now

Winter John

I bought a Series S for gamepass last week. There's a real noticeable difference between how it plays on that and the PS4 version which I've been playing on and off for years. Mostly off. I'd fire it up, walk around for a while, try to kill some scorched, pick up some shit, feel a sudden sense of disappoinment, delete it, then download it 6 months later and do it all over again.

Anyways, I saw it on gamepass and decided to give it a shot. The first thing is having a stable frame rate is a game changer. Although going into a town and watching the game grinding to a halt, like a truck running out of gas was always a fun time. Hit detection now works 70% of the time instead of 40. V.A.T.S is still a shit show. It works best if the enemy is standing 2 metres in front of you. Covid rules I guess. You have to give Bethesda credit for being ahead of the curve on social distancing. Being able to see enemies and objects on the ground is a bonus. I don't know if the quests or storyline are any good or improved or not, because for as long as I've had the game I never got further than turning on the radio tower, before the disappointment set in.

Top Bottom