• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 - Expeditions: The Pitt - Story Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Travel beyond the borders of Appalachia to The Pitt in the next major content update for Fallout 76. Forge new alliances, undertake new challenges, and earn all-new rewards when Expeditions: The Pitt launches this September.

For the first time since Fallout 3, players are invited to journey back to post-war Pittsburg - now a grim industrial wasteland crippled by conflict and awash with radiation. Expeditions: The Pitt introduces a new storyline centered around two warring factions: the blue-collar freedom fighters of the Union, and the power-hungry raider faction of the Fanatics. Fight for the Union to help reclaim their home. Meet its eccentric and mechanically skilled leaders, learn about the uneasy ties that bind them, and uncover how the toxic wasteland of The Pitt is driving its inhabitants to madness. Gain favor with the Union to earn powerful new weapons and armor crafted by Union mechanics. Conquer Expeditions to earn Stamps, a new currency exchangeable for powerful and rare Expedition-themed rewards.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kotaku published a report earlier this month detailing the troubled development behind Fallout 76 claims that Todd Howard basically neglected work on Fallout 76 to focus his attention on Starfield. Citing one of its sources, Kotaku's report states that "Howard was supposed to be in the charge of the game," yet was mostly concerned with Starfield. Conversely, the Kotaku report says another source described Howard as a "decent executive producer."

It should be noted that Todd Howard was not the director of Fallout 76, so even if he was supposed to be "in charge" of the game, it would make sense that his efforts would be mostly focused on Starfield. While Howard is the game director of Starfield, he served in an executive producer role for Fallout 76. Howard has served as game director for Bethesda's biggest projects, including Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4, so Fallout 76 is the outlier.

The report mentions a decision that Todd Howard allegedly made about Fallout 76 that proved to be one of the biggest sticking points for the game's critics when it launched in 2018. While they have since been added to the game, Fallout 76 launched without NPCs. This reportedly went against the wishes of many of the game's developers, but was something that the higher-ups wanted, with Howard specifically mentioned in the report.

It Neogaf Kent Brockman bumping his own thread

0AwnnxF.gif

Roberts

I just wish it had a next gen update, because FPS Boost lowers the resolution, uses Xbox One S settings and that can make it a bit fugly. Other than that, a pretty damn solid game now.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I stopped playing it for the same reason I stopped playing Red Dead Online. No current gen console support. I’m not playing at 30 frames.

Ownage

Worth buying on the cheap? Tbh, I like how Wasteland took the OG concept and made it more adult humor.

jaysius

Banned
Just the reaction of some bellend who has no clue about video games.

FO76 is in a good place now and is filled with a ton of content, community seems close nit aswell.
Yea, I played it on Gamepass about 3 months ago, it's pure shit, still the base game is awful, you can't fix that. It's like drinking diet coke and trying to convince yourself it's coke, this ain't Fallout.

IF they're going to promote this old thing the least they can do is make a current gen version for PS5 and Series S|X it's ugly as fuck.

Bellend, what a fucking idiot you are. Attacking someone for their opinion of a video game especially a shitty one like this, you're the bellend.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Yea, I played it on Gamepass about 3 months ago, it's pure shit, still the base game is awful, you can't fix that. It's like drinking diet coke and trying to convince yourself it's coke, this ain't Fallout.

IF they're going to promote this old thing the least they can do is make a current gen version for PS5 and Series S|X it's ugly as fuck.

Bellend, what a fucking idiot you are. Attacking someone for their opinion of a video game especially a shitty one like this, you're the bellend.

inbetweeners-ooo.gif

Alebrije

The Game is average , but of You are going to spend time on an Open world game there are a lot of better options...

Also still is a glitch mess , enemies with half bodies underground , static birds in the sky,. But well is playable.

SGRU

It's unplayable without a next-gen patch, you have to choose between a slideshow or a blurry mess.

zombrex

I also gave this another try on game pass and the game is just as bad as people say.
The core gameplay loop is atrocious and you waste half your time managing resources due to the inconveniences they play on those who are not premium. The enemies and missions are uninspired and the game engine can not handle the basic functions of the game well.
The terrible lag between shooting and them taking damage still exists.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I just wish it had a next gen update, because FPS Boost lowers the resolution, uses Xbox One S settings and that can make it a bit fugly. Other than that, a pretty damn solid game now.
For real?

Does fps boost do that for every game?

Damn that's rough. One S looks bad even compared to one x

Roberts

For real?

Does fps boost do that for every game?

Damn that's rough. One S looks bad even compared to one x

Not really. Only a handful or slightly more games lose Xbox One X settings to be able to run with fps boost. The funny thing is that there was an exploit that allowed you to play F76 in 4K with a fps boost. It ran around 40-60 fps, but they patched it.

Ozriel

M$FT
Its not worth playing at all anyway. If you want a good Fallout experience, just play literally *any* other fallout game. 76 is a fucking shit show and anyone who actively defends it has low standards, is a mentally deficient warrior, or is a shill.

Nearly 10000 concurrent players yesterday on Steam. Means it’s doing something right

It does look ugly as hell (and I hate how much MS still gives it airtime in their conferences), but the popular consensus is that it’s dramatically improved since the initial launch window.

Last edited:

JayK47

I guess I should be impressed they are still supporting this mess. But going back to The Pitt? Not very original. I have already been there in Fallout 3.

So is Fallout 76 worth playing single player yet? Do I ever give it a try? With these games as a service games, that keep getting content, I never know when to jump in. I like complete single player games. If they keep adding content, I will keep waiting.

MaKTaiL

Why? It's pretty decent now. Far different from the disaster it was at launch.
The lack of a next gen patch for PS5 is the worst offender. I would really like to give this game a try because I love the Fallout universe but 30fps is a no go for me. They keep releasing patches and content, why not slip a 60fps switch?

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Not really. Only a handful or slightly more games lose Xbox One X settings to be able to run with fps boost. The funny thing is that there was an exploit that allowed you to play F76 in 4K with a fps boost. It ran around 40-60 fps, but they patched it.
Sounds really weird though that they patched it out.

So fps boost is really not worth it?

Your claim: “the game isn’t worth playing”

My post: “nearly 10k people still log on to play the game everyday”

I see no convergence here.

Its not worth playing at all anyway. If you want a good Fallout experience, just play literally *any* other fallout game. 76 is a fucking shit show and anyone who actively defends it has low standards, is a mentally deficient warrior, or is a shill.

Impotaku

The only good thing to come from fallout76 is this

Bethesda are garbage tier, they can keep their broken shit i'll never buy anything else of theirs.

Roberts

Sounds really weird though that they patched it out.

So fps boost is really not worth it?
Probably for stability reasons (even though it never crashed on me).

Uhm, so it really depends on your tolerance of 30 fps. It's not exactly a looker in 4k so switching to 60fps didn't hurt too much, but I still sometimes switch between the modes if only for a ten minutes.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Kotaku published a report earlier this month detailing the troubled development behind Fallout 76 claims that Todd Howard basically neglected work on Fallout 76 to focus his attention on Starfield. Citing one of its sources, Kotaku's report states that "Howard was supposed to be in the charge of the game," yet was mostly concerned with Starfield. Conversely, the Kotaku report says another source described Howard as a "decent executive producer."

It should be noted that Todd Howard was not the director of Fallout 76, so even if he was supposed to be "in charge" of the game, it would make sense that his efforts would be mostly focused on Starfield. While Howard is the game director of Starfield, he served in an executive producer role for Fallout 76. Howard has served as game director for Bethesda's biggest projects, including Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4, so Fallout 76 is the outlier.

The report mentions a decision that Todd Howard allegedly made about Fallout 76 that proved to be one of the biggest sticking points for the game's critics when it launched in 2018. While they have since been added to the game, Fallout 76 launched without NPCs. This reportedly went against the wishes of many of the game's developers, but was something that the higher-ups wanted, with Howard specifically mentioned in the report.

This proves executives; if they have not been in a position of development; should NOT fucking decide how development goes. Especially if they are trying to make decisions against a pedigree that has proven itself by shipping multiple million selling games. (regardless of their bug ridden past...) Wtf?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Travel beyond the borders of Appalachia to The Pitt – a grim industrial wasteland crippled by conflict and awash with radiation. Join up with the Union, a fledgling band of freedom fighters and work your way through the City of Steel against the Fanatics and whatever else might be lurking in the shadows.

These expeditions into the Pitt are large-scale repeatable missions for groups of up to 4 players. From Whitespring Refuge in Appalachia, players will power a Vertibird to transport them into the heart of The Pitt. What awaits are randomized, repeatable, end-game missions designed to test the most experienced and prepared groups. Conquer Expeditions to earn Stamps, a new currency exchangeable for powerful and rare Expedition-themed rewards. Unlock new challenges and earn new rewards in the Pitt! Free for all Fallout 76 players! Available now.

Top Bottom