• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 Season 6 Roadmap Revealed

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The roadmap below shows much of what players can expect throughout the next couple of months. The first big thing to look forward to is of course the launch of Season 6 itself which will be accompanied by the Daily Ops Expansion II and the Fallout Worlds feature. Beyond that, players will get the usual gauntlet of occasional events like the ones that give out more experience, Gold Bullions, and other resources.

“Even though we’re heading into the final few months of the year, there’s still plenty of excitement to come before we ring in 2022,” the Fallout 76 team said ab out the community roadmap and the events planned. “The Fallout Worlds and Winter Updates we’re planning to release will bring new features and improvements to Fallout 76. In addition, the Wasteland will be buzzing with lots of in-game events that you can take part in just about every week. Whether you’re looking to hunt down Spooky Scorched in October, claim some Holiday Gifts in December, or square off against enemies with Double Mutations in Daily Ops, you can stay on top of everything that’s taking place in Appalachia with our latest Community Calendar.”

mansoor1980

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd4602581-c453-4c1f-ac3e-fcfe0f200f01_480x358.gif

I may give it a chance. Just funished Fallout 4 and I felt done with the wasteland, but it was a nice break from most games for sure.

Can i get a labrador dogmeat

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

hlm666

I went and played this after people were saying it's better now. Just how drunk do you have to be to play this game and think that. I gave it a good chance, way more than it deserved. The network performance in this game is the stuff of nightmare, AI move without animating, you get hit by invisible things then they magically appear, trying to speak to npc's sometimes you have walk away and come back so the interact button works. You'll be in the middle of a talk with an npc once you finally get interact to work then you can't hear what they are saying because someone is close by shooting a minigun/laser for minutes on end, so you turn subtitles on and then you get event and join group spam covering the subtitles and responses.

I'm not even gonna go onto actual gameplay problems, but a system where your having to go through 2 menus to change a card so you can get your vendor sell bonus because you don't have the points to have it equipped with your combat perk cards is plain stupid.

I went and played this after people were saying it's better now. Just how drunk do you have to be to play this game and think that. I gave it a good chance, way more than it deserved. The network performance in this game is the stuff of nightmare, AI move without animating, you get hit by invisible things then they magically appear, trying to speak to npc's sometimes you have walk away and come back so the interact button works. You'll be in the middle of a talk with an npc once you finally get interact to work then you can't hear what they are saying because someone is close by shooting a minigun/laser for minutes on end, so you turn subtitles on and then you get event and join group spam covering the subtitles and responses.

I'm not even gonna go onto actual gameplay problems, but a system where your having to go through 2 menus to change a card so you can get your vendor sell bonus because you don't have the points to have it equipped with your combat perk cards is plain stupid.
qudsdNR.gif

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I tried it a few days ago with a friend on series x and the game is a mess, its kinda ugly, animations are fucked up with enemies t posing, teleporting, the whole deal

The menus didnt feel good and neither did the gunplay imo. We uninstalled after a 4-5 hour session. It just wasnt very good or fun

TransTrender

Gold Member
I just HATE, really HATE the art direction that Fallout took since FO4, so cartoonish.

Damn this is a post-nuclear apocalyptic wasteland, not some Fortnite expansion.
Ripping off Borderlands and not understanding the dark and gritty, but sometimes tongue-in-cheek, future which can be a bit absurd but still grounded in reality theme of the first 2 games, and then Fallout 3 was pooped out like a worm infested log from a blight crowded corpse.

I'm also shocked anything is happening with this game after Fallout 1st breeched to this dimension.

Last edited:
  • LOL

Kagey K

Banned
I wish people would give this game a chance. The devs have listened to feedback and made some pretty great changes.
I have played it on and off casually (starting around the Wastelanders update) and it seems fine to me.

But my one friend who is a giant Fallout fan refuses to even download it (even though it's free for him)

It just shows how stubborn some people are to those first impressions and negative YouTube videos.

oagboghi2

I have played it on and off casually (starting around the Wastelanders update) and it seems fine to me.

But my one friend who is a giant Fallout fan refuses to even download it (even though it's free for him)

It just shows how stubborn some people are to those first impressions and negative YouTube videos.
Yeah, it's youtube that killed the game. Not the terrible launch, or still buggy state of the game.

it was youtube :pie_eyeroll:

Came here to say "huh maybe they did turn it around."

I guess they didnt.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I wish people would give this game a chance. The devs have listened to feedback and made some pretty great changes.

Oh have they made there free 2 play model game you need to buy not focus a majority of it's time on the atomic shop and MTX? Did they remove the pay to win lunchboxes based on the negative feedback? Have they stopped introducing problems into the game only to sell you a solution? (Low storage? Lol buy our sub)

Yeah no, let's not pretend it's a good game because the drug dealer gives the people already addicted a free hit at Christmas. If people want a game that actually changed and listened to fans you might want to try No Man's Sky, at least they don't try to MTX you to death for the privilege of having your broken game fixed.

Last edited:
Oh have they made there free 2 play model game you need to buy not focus a majority of it's time on the atomic shop and MTX? Did they remove the pay to win lunchboxes based on the negative feedback? Have they stopped introducing problems into the game only to sell you a solution? (Low storage? Lol buy our sub)

Yeah no, let's not pretend it's a good game because the drug dealer gives the people already addicted a free hit at Christmas. If people want a game that actually changed and listened to fans you might want to try No Man's Sky, at least they don't try to MTX you to death for the privilege of having your broken game fixed.

I played for 100+ hours without buying a single thing. You sound like a spokesman for the Angry Joe Show with your crazy rant. A game that is constantly updated requires a revenue source. Or are you one of those people that expects everything to be free?

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I played for 100+ hours without buying a single thing. You sound like a spokesman for the Angry Joe Show with your crazy rant. A game that is constantly updated requires a revenue source. Or are you one of those people that expects everything to be

Games used to update for years before games as a service, but then the kids that are too young for things like Tribes or Unreal won't know that so let's have a look at something more recent like No Man's Sky. Seems a bit unfair to push your expectations of getting shitty service onto everyone else like it needs to be the rule and not the exception.

And sorry for coming about as "crazy" but that's how regular people sound to people in a cult... and that's why your finding people excuse themselves quickly when you try to get them to join it.

Last edited:
Games used to update for years before games as a service, but then the kids that are too young for things like Tribes or Unreal won't know that so let's have a look at something more recent like No Man's Sky. Seems a bit unfair to push your expectations of getting shitty service onto everyone else like it needs to be the rule and not the exception.

And sorry for coming about as "crazy" but that's how regular people sound to people in a cult... and that's why your finding people excuse themselves quickly when you try to get them to join it.

I'm absolutely fine with having a legitimate debate about this but I think people should just give it a try. 39 years old so I was there for it all. Game development is a tad more expensive then in was over 30 years ago and that's something that must be taken into account. I honestly think Microsoft will keep the monetization efforts under control now that they own the company.

GHG

Gold Member
I'd literally need to be told the only thing that will keep me alive is playing this game in order to play it.

Are there at least plans for a 60 fps update for next gen? Because if there isn't then shame on Bethesda. Just like Rockstar, if you have a live service game yet refuse to update it for the better hardware available than that is just pathetic. Lazy, greedy, or they just don't give a fuck.

Your actively milking your game but don't want people to have the best experience for the hardware they bought.

Alebrije

The game looks old, dated and honestly no good enought to invest a lot of time...so no matters if it is free on GP better use your gaming time on the "old' New Vegas since graphical difference is small.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Are there at least plans for a 60 fps update for next gen? Because if there isn't then shame on Bethesda. Just like Rockstar, if you have a live service game yet refuse to update it for the better hardware available than that is just pathetic. Lazy, greedy, or they just don't give a fuck.

Your actively milking your game but don't want people to have the best experience for the hardware they bought.
The seasons/public events stuff, and The Pitt (ok), no new story content and no next gen upgrades..

Top Bottom