• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scores(Silent Hill 4,Legend of Golfer)

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2, Konami): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33/40
Legend of Golfer (GC, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32/40
Sonic Advance 3 (GBA, Sega): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - 30/40

gamefront.de

Ophiel said:
33?...I was hoping Silent Hill 4 would get a higer rating.

You should be happy with that, SH has never really been popular in Famitsu. They've always been a RE favored mag (REOutbreak got a 36 from them for example).

cvxfreak

SolidSnakex said:
You should be happy with that, SH has never really been popular in Famitsu. They've always been a RE favored mag (REOutbreak got a 36 from them for example).

Don't forget BioHazard's 39/40 and BioHazard Zero's 38/40... both games got the scores they deserved.

Lakitu said:
What did the previous Silent Hill games get in Famitsu?

BTW.. good scores.

They basically all get gold awards. I'm not sure about SH,, but SH3 got a 9, 8, 8, 8 and SH2 got a 9, 8, 8, 9. Which is low for the best survival horror game to date. :) Although it's much more respectable than PSM's absurd ranting about how SH2's plot made no sense.

ourumov

Feel curious about how if the final engine used in SH4...From the screens it seemed worse than the SH3 one...Well, I think Maskrider will confirm this to us soon.

ourumov said:
Feel curious about how if the final engine used in SH4...From the screens it seemed worse than the SH3 one...Well, I think Maskrider will confirm this to us soon.

I agree. From what I've seen of Silent Hill 4, it just doesn't look as impressive as part 3. Either way I'm getting the game, as SH is probably my favorite series of all time.

maskrider

ourumov said:

From some movies (QuickTime MP4, needs QT 6.5) posted to silenthillforum.co.uk (320x240 only) of the E3 demo (the guy - df0 - has it), it is pretty neat.

Thanks to df0 for posting the movies, the thread is here

http://www.silenthillforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10158

Not long now, just about a week and I will be playing SH4.

cvxfreak

ourumov said:

The Silent Hill 4 engine is the Silent Hill 3 engine with some modifications, which was the Silent Hill 2 engine with modifications. Silent Hill 4 is running off an old engine, but it still looks great.

jarrod

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
The Silent Hill 4 engine is the Silent Hill 3 engine with some modifications, which was the Silent Hill 2 engine with modifications. Silent Hill 4 is running off an old engine, but it still looks great.
Actually I thought SH3 and SH4 were developed in parallel by two different teams, and both used the SH2 engine as a starting point?

After looking at the movies in the link maskrider posted I don't see how anyone could say the game doesn't look atleast as good as SH3. It actually seems to be better due to the texture quality that's bumped up a bit. The animation also seems to be a bit smoother now. I only watched 2 movies though (the first prison one and the first one from the forest). I don't want to find any spoilers.

Just downloaded the first movie...I guess they weren't kidding about the peeping aspect of the game. :)

Top Bottom