• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Week 12, 2023 (Mar 13 - Mar 19)

Astral Dog

Good to see PS5 software growing, though its not offsetting the decline in PS4 yet. PS software would have done better without Hogwarts PS4 being delayed, though it'll get a boost next week with RE4R.

Switch software also down by a lot. Much of that gap is due to Arceus, but clearly Switch software is passed its peak. Though again the software will recover in Q2 with TOTK.

Given what we know of the 2023 lineup of all platforms so far, I expect the overall software environment in Japan to decline this year. Of course other important games could still be dated/released.
And Nintendo agressively pushing their digital Voucher campaing on their audience,surely has a noticeable effect on retail sales this year . you can't even look at Tears of the Kingdom on the eshop without seeing a bright red ticket and a message telling you to buy it with a voucher we will see how that works

Last edited:

Woopah

I'd wager Nintendo is shifting focus to switch 2s 2024 line up, hopefully well see a spring 2024 release
They are indeed, but they also have much to reveal about 2023. So far their lineup is

Jan - July: 7 games
Aug - Dec: 0 games

I doubt that will be their final lineup.
And Nintendo agressively pushing their digital Voucher campaing on their audience,surely has a noticeable effect on retail sales this year . you can't even look at Tears of the Kingdom on the eshop without seeing a bright red ticket and a message telling you to buy it with a voucher we will see how that works
Luckily we get information on Nintendo's digital split in Japan. Vouchers have been leading to increasing digital, but gradually over time. I don't expect 2023 to have massive jump in digital compared with 2022.

Top Bottom