• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famous Game Leaker “The Snitch” is Retiring

Draugoth

Gold Member
He announced on insider-gaming in an interview

I sat down with The Snitch earlier today to talk about why he's quitting, why he leaked video games in the first place, and what's next for him.

Why are you leaving the scene?

If you paid attention, I have never leaked anything related to small studios. I am fully aware of the damage that even a small and simple leak can do to the work of people that have spent many months or years on a game. In fact, we can say that I have dedicated myself to giving clues for users to speculate, rather than just direct leaking.

It's going to sound narcissistic and pushy, but I'm sure I even helped some events get more visibility. It's been quite an exciting year and 2023 is looking amazing, with a number of amazing games, but let's face it, it's not so much fun [for me] leaking new announcements anymore.

Link: to rest of interview

Said he’s focusing on his discord community now. He was one of the most accurate leakers around.

wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

Valedix

Also want to point out either the game companies figured out he worked for youtube and stopped uploading videos before announcements, or he got moved to a different team at Youtube or fired entirely.

Not to mention dude was asking for BTC donations for "exclusive leaks" which is why I left his discord.

Shubh_C63

I am fully aware of the damage that even a small and simple leak can do to the work of people that have spent many months or years on a game.
I am interested to know how.
Does marketing campaign's planned release works better than the hype and attention leaks generate ?
If the Elden Ring leak is a poor quality video, even then I am sure 80% of the people the marketing is aimed to have not seen it or care for it. The Official release trailer will always be the one that grabs all the eyeballs.

Its free publicity because the special ingredient was crime.

Leaking source code and shit is the only thing that really hurts the developers.

Bartski

Gold Member
good, get fucked. I hope he got fired. The audacity tho

I am fully aware of the damage that even a small and simple leak can do to the work of people that have spent many months or years on a game.
(...)
It's going to sound narcissistic and pushy, but I'm sure I even helped some events get more visibility.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I likes The Snitch. I mean, I guess I still do, dude didn't die or anything. For all the owls in the thread, dude was basically the best of the leakers, in so far as a good ratio of accuracy versus shit he got wrong, and less of his own "personality," in the mix as others. Dude was basically playing a character, and all these other assmunchers want to be treated like celebrities for deep cuts like "my insider says next God of War will have violence,"

Either way, I prefer expos and festivals and award ceremonies for reveals. Call me old fashioned.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom