• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far: Changing Tides Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Set sail for a new journey in FAR: Changing Tides, an atmospheric vehicle adventure in the post-apocalyptic world first introduced in the award-winning FAR: Lone Sails.

Looks beautiful

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Set sail for a new journey in FAR: Changing Tides, coming on March 1st.

Embark on an unforgettable journey as Toe, a boy stranded alone in a flooded, post-apocalyptic world. Traverse this beautifully-realised landscape at the helm of a unique ship that will be your constant companion both above and below the waves. Solve puzzles, overcome the elements and dive to unknown depths in your search for a new home.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

FAR: Changing Tides is an atmospheric vehicle adventure about a boy steering his ship towards a new home. Check out this episode of New Gameplay Today.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far: Changing Tides reviewed by Tom Marks on PC, also available on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch

Okomotive's sequel to Far: Lone Sails lacks some of what made its predecessor truly special, but it's still another lovely roadtrip to take.

Last edited:
Took a break tonight from playing Aloy and fired up the Gamepass with Far changing tides.
Game is very similar to the first but the machines are much bigger.
You get to feel like your sailing while pushing A lever left or right to catch the wind.
If the sails don’t work you fire up the steam powered oars.
The underwater parts add a second screen mechanic to the gameplay. So far it seems You can either breath under water or hold breath indefinitely.
Nice music and scenery. I enjoyed the first two puzzles to keep the adventure going.

Solarstrike

Really enjoying these games. First one seemed a bit more spot on in terms of game-play. I'm only a few minutes in so I'll reserve judgement. So far, it's off to a great start setting the atmosphere not unlike the first game. I like finding things then finding a place on board to store them. The next "FAR" game should be in a balloon contraption of some sort. Where you can gather things on your journey, from mountain tops to the ocean surface. Even build things like a rain collector, net(s) to catch fish as your airship glides over it, or collecting supplies and materials from floating junk to expand/upgrade your ship. To be able to build the interior all nice and cozy. Sturdy from the elements. From sunrise to sunset through storms and meteor showers or swarms of insects and birds flying South for the winter. Things would come loose if not tied down or secured properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom