• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4's villain is not gay.

Indeed I'm pretty sure the LGBTI community had no problems with this, and it was just some whiteknighting group of people asking questions. The whole thing about representation in video games is not because we want to see only good guys. At least that is my take.

I also would love to see a cool bad guy. I mean there is a big difference between offensive stereotype evil villain and just being an antagonist that is well written.

Did you see the previous two threads that sparked this thread? It was more than just white knighters (is this a new term for these situations?) unfortunately.

Internet cant use that quote for shit.

I think it fits. Some people are HYPOTHETICALLY saying a portrayal of a minority or a homosexual person could lead to actual hate. HYPOTHETICALLY.

It's not because something rubs you the wrong way that it's necessarily bad. Unless the company gives out a press release that flat out says hurful stuff, they're free to use whatever subject or context they want to create a piece of fiction.

Just tired of people being so defensive for various subjects that doesn't directly concern them and then starts screaming about it in order to prove to the world that they are open-minded and won't stand around while someone says something that they don't like.

Hate this mob-like mentality. Nothing good comes out of it. For no one. It just creates more tension.

Unless the company gives out a press release that flat out says hurful stuff, they're free to use whatever subject or context they want to create a piece of fiction.
Sure. And people are free to express their opinions or criticism of whatever subjects or contexts they used.

Just tired of people being so defensive for various subjects that doesn't directly concern them and then starts screaming about it in order to prove to the world that they are open-minded and won't stand around while someone says something that they don't like.
First of all, to the bolded, says who? As for the underlying idea that one can or should only speak up about things directly concerning them, I'm not sure you've adequately explained why that should be the case.

I've just got back from holiday and haven't seen any of this 'controversy'. Could someone please outline to me what's supposed to have been the issue? Seems kind of bollocks from a first glance.

Sai-kun

Banned
Okay, I'm fine with that, I guess. I prefer queer protagonists to queer villains, so this isn't a bad thing. Glad it's cleared up, in any case.

Smh @ people STILL posting asking why it matters even after like 4 threads of this though. Lordddddd

FStop7

Banned
lmao this guy

jbzBn2z1m9Xhkh.png

Top Bottom